Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where on the ZoneAlarm site can I buy windows 2000 versions of zone alarm products?

nadsab Guest

Default Where on the ZoneAlarm site can I buy windows 2000 versions of zone alarm products?

Hi,
    Where on the ZoneAlarm site can I buy windows 2000 versions of zone alarm products?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Where on the ZoneAlarm site can I buy windows 2000 versions of zone alarm products?

Hi!

latest version of ZA 8 does not support version MS 2000.
    And, in principle, ZA 8 is the one that is officially supported by ZA.

So, it would be better you choose a product for which you are fully supported.

If you still want to run ZA then you will need to download version 7, the key you buy with version 8 should also work with version 7.
    You don't specify the version so I cannot give you the link to old versions.

They are under the 'history' sub menu in www.zonealarm.com/support/

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

nadsab Guest

Default Re: Where on the ZoneAlarm site can I buy windows 2000 versions of zone alarm products?

OK so if I buy version 7, will zone alarm company still be providing regular updates/downloads for the latest viruses that affect windows 2000, as new windows 2000 viruse threats come out?

Hi!
    no, they may interrupt the service from one day to another or keep it for other 2 years.
    Not really known... In any case, officially, they only support the latest version (8).

Cheers,
    Fax

forum_moderator Guest

Hello,Thats correct. We only oficially support version 8.We wont fix issues in version 7. Does not mean you cant buy the prodcut and find a version 7 to download but you wont get much support and services in that product can be shut off without any notice and no refunds for that software either.Forum Moderator

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Windows 2000 users can still use 7.0.483

Decisons had been made for 2000 pc users, the latest version available will be 7.0.483; so if you already have that version - you should shut-off the 'auto update' feature for firewall product > Overview > Preferences > Check for product Updates: > click "Manually." (you can still update spyware and virus definitions - but can be terminated at ZA's discretion), but you will not be able to upgrade to 8.0 series firewalls
    (which may
    work out ok for you anyways
    ) .<hr>Click here &gt; http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catal.../sys_req.jsp#5<hr>Windows 2000 Support Discontinued

In 2005, Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 2000. In 2010, Microsoft will end extended support for Windows 2000, which will make this operating system less secure and increasingly prone to hacking exploits. (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sup...ofsupport.mspx).

As a result, Check Point will cease to support Windows 2000 with the introduction of our version 8.0 ZoneAlarm family of products including ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite 2009, ZoneAlarm
    Pro, ZoneAlarm
    Antivirus, ZoneAlarm
    Anti-Spyware, and ZoneAlarm

Note about pre-8.0 products:<ul>[*]Pre-8.0 products will continue to run on the Windows 2000 operating system and receive signature updates such as virus and spyware signatures. However, there will be new and advanced protection features in post-8.0 ZoneAlarm products that will not be added to pre-8.0 products. ZoneAlarm strongly recommends upgrading to a supported and current version of the Windows operating system.[/list]ZoneAlarm may end services to pre-8.0 products at any time. <hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    - see/ click
    'release history' of the type of firewall version that you want
    and find
    'to download this version'
    &lt; &gt;
    look for 7.0.483 - July 10, 2008. Use the license key when prompted. [ If your a new user of ZoneAlarm - when
    you purchase ZoneAlarm (2008 retail)/ 2009
    firewall and you will be given a license key; with the key you can just download 7.0.483. Make sure you properly un-install any previous firewall and/ or anti-virus - depending on which ZA firewall you are buying. ]<hr>Here are &quot;Release History&quot; and 'Downloadable versions available' (you will be able to find previous versions)

ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 8.0.059.000

For more info.and to download
    - click
    here

&gt;&gt;
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    &lt;&lt;&lt;

ZoneAlarm Pro release is 8.0.059.000

For more info. and to download
    - click
    here
    &gt;&gt;
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

&lt;&lt;&lt;

ZoneAlarm Antivirus release is 8.0.059.000

For more info. and to download - click here
    &gt;&gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    &lt;&lt;&lt;

<hr>:0NaiveMelody NYC 11-24-08 - Fight For Your Right - Beastie Boys

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 12-10-2008 05:48 PM

nadsab Guest

Unfortunately then, that pretty much rules out Zone-Alarm for me.
    Because I have over two thousand dollars worth of Adobe CS2 software and if I install Vista, it won't run.
    And it will be another year before I will be able to upgrade to Adobe CS 4, I was planning on running W2K for another year and then buy the Adobe upgrades at that time when I have the money
    - since Mircosoft will still be providing security patches for W2K for almost two more years.
    I don't mind not having bugfixes or support from Zone Alarm, as long as I still can get the latest virus-malware definitions.

The problem is, if you are telling me if I buy your product
    and then a month later it could be shut off at no notice, that's not really ethical in my opinion.

Because if that's a possitility then it seems unethical to even be selling the product at all and taking money for a product that might be disabled.

Zone Alarm should not even be selling a product that could be shut off at any notice and this idea makes me think I should not buy their current products EVEN IF
    I had vista or XP, if that kind of sales is part of their business model.

Hi!
    Well, probably there is a misunderstanding here...

What I have tried to explain to you is that, in fact, ZA does not sell ZA 7 but ZA 8.
    So, whatever you are going to purchase at ZA site it will be, by definition, ZA 8.
    You can use ZA 7 at your own risk....

ZA 8 will not install on Windows 2000 and if you bought it by mistake you can ask for a refund.

So, not sure your argument is appropriate nor valid.

Cheers,
    Fax

Message Edited by fax on 11-25-2008 03:10 PM

nadsab Guest

So then are you saying, that I could download ZoneAlarm 7 at no charge from the ZoneAlarm site?
    Since, as you say,
    ZoneAlarm is
    not selling it,
    and I can use it at my own risk?

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=83244#M83244http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=83259Only ZAFree is Free.. all other Versions of Zone Alarm require a Valid License Key..Version 8.0 License should work with Version 7.0, 7.1, but may not work on Version 4,5 or 6..Contact ZA Customer service for Official carification..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964190370
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4885
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security