Thread: firewall is ok but anti-spyware has expired despite having full license

async Guest

Default firewall is ok but anti-spyware has expired despite having full license

on the overview section of zone alarm pro (firewall & anti-spyware version) it states "you are not fully protected".
    the firewall security is green and ok, but the anti-spyware is red and says "protection from spyware has expired".
    This has only happened since I upgraded zone alarm pro to latest version 8.0.059.000.
    The previous version was all fine.
    Under license info it states that "this is a full license", so why does zone alarm think my anti-spyware has expired ???
    any suggestions ??

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: firewall is ok but anti-spyware has expired despite having full license

You can...
    Try a database reset first...
    1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot<hr>This will reset your program list, thou. Make notes if you need. Your anti-spyware definitions will be retained.<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=25188<hr>You may want to try an 'un-install/ re-install' - click here &gt; http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html
    and here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 01-02-2009 10:53 PM

drouna Guest

Default Re: firewall is ok but anti-spyware has expired despite having full license

Hi there...
    I have the same problem and the information after updating to version 8 shows the following:
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4925
    instead of 200811.4905

Any ideas?

hesh Guest

I'm having the same issue. I renewed my subscription and got my new key. I copy/paste the key like I'm supposed to and I get the message saying my key was applied successfully. I click okay but it still shows my previous key as my license number. It's only done this after I upgraded to 8.0.059. ZAP is currently up to date.

1.) Kaspersky updates the Anti-Virus Definitions several times per day..2.) the Provider of the Anti-Spyware Definitions only provides updates once or twices a week or several times per month depending on availability..ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964601904
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4925
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

takeoff Guest

exact same problem here as the first 2 comments: valid licence, spyware runs and updates fine, but in overview it states &quot;expired, your are not protected&quot;...
    any ideas

hesh Guest

Bumping this since we still haven't gotten any updates.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>takeoff wrote:
    exact same problem here as the first 2 comments: valid licence, spyware runs and updates fine, but in overview it states "expired, your are not protected"...any ideas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It sounds like your ZA Database may be corrupted.

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together then

2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

GeorgeV

Sometimes the Old Key gets Locked in and will not take the New key..Here is a Fix.. you need to use the /clean /rmlicense switch ro remove the old key so it will take the new key..Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

1.) Download a Current Copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite from
    ZA website in the release history section.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

2.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-Check "Load Zone Alarm on Startup"
    3.) Reboot Computer to Remove Zone Alarm drivers from Memory..
    4.) Temporarily shut down any other AV/AS Security programs that May Conflict with ZA Install

5..) Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean /rmlicense (add a space and then the /clean)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    - Reboot

Now Start again in the Safe mode and delete these files in the Windows Directory:

WINDOWS\ Internet Logs

Program Files\Zone Labs

WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs

Now Reboot

Using something like this Freeware CCleaner &lt;--- http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
    , will help do the cleanup as well on both the Hard drive and the Registry .

Now Re-install the ZA program now.
    GeorgeV

Thread Information