Thread: Renewed but still locked out

clysurv Guest

Default Renewed but still locked out

Hi
    I renewed my subsciption in plenty of time, but when I now look at my Product Info I see:
    Support & Update Information:Your product update & service subscription expired on 11/28/2008
    But under Registration:The copy of ZASS was registered on 10/17/2008
    This shows that I renewed 6 weeks before expiry, but I am still expired!
    I have contacted Tech Support but they have failed to respond.
    I have tried upgrade & clean install - same problem.
    I am using XP Pro SP3 - fully updated.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Renewed but still locked out

HI!ZA support always answer, if you did not get an answer it means that ISP or your e-mail system has junked the response.Use Internet Explorer to submit the issue and a free e-mail like hotmail or gmail as contact.You should receive an automatic response by ZA after 5-20 minutes with your ticket number.If you have not received it than your ISP has junked it.ZA technical support can be reached here: www.zonealarm.com/tsformCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

clysurv Guest

Hi Fax
    Thanks I will try that - but my ISP doesn't junk any mail, and I have checked my Junk email box - nothing from Zonealarm.
    I did try your uninstall & reinstall suggestions - same problem.
    I am stunned that you pay for an upgrade and it simply doesn't work - the end users shouldn't have to resort to in-depth programme removal, just to compensate for poor code.

Message Edited by clysurv on 11-30-2008 04:18 AM

Default Pls do not remove messages. thx

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>clysurv wrote:
    but my ISP doesn't junk any mail, and I have checked my Junk email box - <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If the aboveis true, then it means you have not submitted the ticket correctly.The system is automatic and you should receive an automatic response.Follow my suggestions as described before to be sure you get a response.Please note that ZA staff does not monitor this board, we are all users helping each other.If you have comments to direct to ZA please write to their customer support: www.zonealarm.com/csform Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 11-30-2008 01:35 PM

Message Edited by fax on 12-01-2008 11:38 PM

I agree with Guru Fax..There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm World Wide.. This User Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction by Other more Experienced Users..Use Internet Explorer to submit the issue and Try using a free e-mail like hotmail or gmail as you contact.email addressYou should receive an automatic response by ZA after 5-20 minutes with your ticket number.If you have not received it than your ISP has junked any Email from @zonelabs dot com..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:964517094
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200811.4925
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

clysurv Guest

Thank you for your reply
    Firstly I would like to state that posting in bold, underlined or upper case can be viewed as shouting and is therefore a 'little over the top'.
    I fully understand that this forum is run by experienced ZA users for the benefit of more inexperienced users. It would be pointless posting a question on this forum if one was very experienced, as you would know all the answers!
    I had put a question to forum regarding a failure in my renewal.
    If you don't know the answer, then that is fine - simply say so, and I will pursue my enquiry elsewhere.
    I also made a statement regarding the lack of support from ZA Tech Forum - I fully stand by this statement and if you are seen to support the 'Support' it could be implied that postings on this forum can in fact be from ZA or employees of ZA, especially when they are seen not to tolerate even mild criticism.
    What is totally uncalled for is near-abusive and rude postings - save your keystrokes.

Hi!I understand your frustration but this is a user forum to troubleshoot issues with ZA products.It is not a discussion forum nor a complaining office.Please review the ToS and ToU that you accepted by posting here:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=AnnoucementsPlease stick to the issue and follow what has already been suggested.And don't be suprised if this thread will be removed since its violating the ToU.Thank you in advance for your understanding.Cheers,Fax

clysurv Guest

Hi Fax
    Thank you for your reply.
    Kindly tell me what item in the Terms of Use you say I have violated please?

Already told you...Could you please stick to the issue?Please post back if support will help you to troubleshoot your issue for the benefit of other readers here.Sorry and thank you in advance for your undertanding.Fax

Message Edited by fax on 12-01-2008 02:10 AM

clysurv Guest

Hi fax
    Thank you for your email.
    You say that you have alraedy told me what clause under the Ters of Use I have violated - you didn't
    - you just referred me to the ToU.

You stated that as I had voilated these ToU, that my postings could be deleted, so I checked these and couldn't find any that I had violated - that is why I aksed you to clarify this point.
    I would still like to know which clause you say I have violated.
    I
    am sure that other readers of this board would like to know if by critising the support from ZA that they are in violation too?

Thread Information