Thread: Computer had totally crashed after update

joss Guest

Default Computer had totally crashed after update

Hi all

This morning zone alarm promted me to update to 80 065 000 version and i did so ..

Since that moment my computer totally crashed, I could hardly do anything on it at all, everything took an age and i was allways timed out if i tried to use the internet.

I have no idea what free version i had previously but i never had any problems at all ( and thanks for that btw ) ..

Recently after checking up on my work computer to see what the problems might be, i was unable to do anything that was requested due to the slowness of the computer.

Eventually i just went to control panel and just uninstalled it as best i could ..

This seemed to work ok and now my computer is working ..I then downloaded what i thought was the previous version ( suite 70 483 000 ), but im not sure this is the correct version.

What was the previous free version and do i have to install that one ? and do i have to uninstall this one again ?

Zone Alarm has just started scanning on its own, something that has never happened before, so this also makes me think i have the wrong free version

Any help on this matter would be appreciated

Regards

Joss

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

greeney Guest

Default Re: Computer had totally crashed after update

Mine crashed too. ZA prompted me to update its free version and when I tried to it totally screwed up my computer. It wont even allow me to uninstall.

Hi!see here below how to remove ZA, you will need to boot in SAFE MODE and remove all files/folders detailed in the document:http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=103Download the downloader fromhere:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...zaSetup_en.exeWhen asked choose: Zonealarm FREE firewall and NOT ZA free firewall with trial of ZA Suite.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 12-05-2008 08:57 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

greeney Guest

I can't open zonealarm. When I attempt to right click on it the caption "Protection is up, UI is initialing." appears. But I can't uninstall or reinstall or anything. Does anyone have any advise??!!

Hi!please relax, do not rush and follow the instruction Its clearly written that: "If you're unable to carry out this step because ....... in this case <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">do them all in safe mode!"[/I]Cheers,Fax

greeney Guest

Thanx for the help. I was able to uninstall by going into safe mode. You're a lifesaver. Now, you said we can go BACK to the old version and everything should be fine? I never had any problems with the older version, just that after this I'm
    a little timid.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>greeney wrote:
    Now, you said we can go BACK to the old version and everything should be fine?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess so! But you never know :8}Cheers,Fax

Thread Information