Thread: Netscape

foiled Guest

Default Netscape

Hello
    I have ZA Security Suite 8.0.059.000 for Windows XP. Since downloading the upgrade I have been unable to open Netscape or Netscape emails.
    Any assistance would be very welcome.
    Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Netscape

<blockquote><hr>Foiled wrote:
    Hello
    I have ZA Security Suite 8.0.059.000 for Windows XP. Since downloading the upgrade I have been unable to open Netscape or Netscape emails.
    Thanks

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>Foiled,
    In the privacy tab, turn off cookies, turn off ad blocking, turn off mobile code
    -

This is the default setting for privacy.
    Clear your cache, does it work now?

Findley

foiled Guest

I tried this but unfortunately it has not resolved the problem. I am using Netscape 7.1
    if that makes any difference.
    Thanks

findley Guest

Foiled,
    As you posted &quot;I am using Netscape 7.1 if that makes any difference.&quot;

Below are the zone alarm system requirements and under the supported browser section
    you'll find the listing for Netscape Navigator 7.2, 8.0 Beta

ZoneAlarm Software System Requirements

Listed below are the complete system requirements, email protocols, and IM clients supported by ZoneAlarm software products.

System Requirements for ZoneAlarm ForceField:<a target="_blank"></a>Supported Browsers:<ul>[*]Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7[*]Mozilla Firefox versions 1, 2 and 3[/list]Windows XP Operating System:<ul>[*]Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or higher[*]XP Service Packs 2 and 3[*]Minimum system RAM: 512 MB[*]20MB of available hard disk space (Install size is 5 MB)[*]Internet access.[/list]Windows Vista (32-bit):<ul>[*]Pentium III 1 GHz or higher[*]Minimum system RAM: 512 MB[*]20MB of available hard disk space (Install size is 5 MB)[*]Internet access.[/list]

System Requirements for all other ZoneAlarm Products:Vista (32-bit):<ul>[*]Pentium III 800 MHz or higher[*]Minimum system RAM: 512 MB[*]50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.[/list]Windows XP Operating System:<ul>[*]Pentium III 450 MHz or higher[*]XP Service Packs 2 and 3[*]Minimum system RAM: 128 MB[*]50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.[/list]<ul>[*]Supported Protocols for Email Protection[*]Support Browsers[*]Operating Systems Support[*]FAQ for ZoneAlarm End-of-Life Policy[/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>Supported Protocols for Email Protection<ul>[*]POP3 (Incoming only) available in all ZoneAlarm products[*]SMTP (Outgoing only) available in all ZoneAlarm products except free ZoneAlarm[*]HTTP (Junk email filtering in conjunction with Outlook or Outlook Express) available in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite only[*]IMAP4 (Incoming only) - IMAP4 is not supported for virus scanning of email. available only with ZoneAlarm Antivirus and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite[/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>Support Browsers<ul>[*]Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0 SP1, 6.0 SP2 7.0 SP2[*]Netscape Navigator 7.2, 8.0 Beta[*]FireFox 1.00 and higher[*]MSN Explorer 6.0 and higher[*]AOL 9.0[/list]
    The above excerpted from this link: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catal...ff/sys_req.jsp
    Regards,Findley

<blockquote><hr>Foiled wrote:
    Hello
    Thanks

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Delete or remove the netscape listing in ther ZA program list, then immediately close the ZA and then re-open it (or just reboot).
    Then open the netscape browser and yes/always to any of the following ZA alerts concerning the netscape.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information