Thread: Zone Alarn 8.0.065

yabi Guest

Default Zone Alarn 8.0.065

Installed ZoneAlarm 8.0.065 on windows XP home idition as wellas XP Professional
    installed perfectly and is running the same Perfectly

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Zone Alarn 8.0.065

Great! Thank you very much for taking the time to report about your positive upgrade experience.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

misterweather Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarn 8.0.065

Greetings

The previous poster makes an excellent point. Until the install issue with 8.8.065 (which was most likely my own) I have never had a problem with Zone Alarm. I used the paid version for many years, and only switched due to budget constraints. Having said that, ZA has been the best firewall I've used. Plus, remember folks, especially with the free version Check Point could offer no support, but they do and more than just from a good business point. Internet security is serious stuff. Ask a Bank!

Anyway, I have had no more issues with ZA 8.0.065 since the re-install. As I'd indicated in another post the update hung and I had to kill it. Was that explicitly a ZA problem? I'm also running Adaware, Spybot, AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy - anyone of those could have eaten the install process. Mine having to kill it probably damaged my sockets, and reinstalling ZA restored them.

So lets keep the positive attitude folks. I've been around since the first IBM-XT came into the workplace ~20 years ago. If you are patient and supply *all* the information - honestly - someone will be able to help you. If an old guy like me can figure out, so can you. If the problems lies with ZA it'll get fixed. My dealing with tech support in the past has been excellent. They have a business to run.

MisterWeather
    Vista Home Premium SP1
    ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus
    Dual Core AMD 5500+
    4gb Ram

Thread Information