Thread: vsmon

henkh Guest

Default vsmon

After trying to update ZA, ZA would not run anymore. Message: Could not execute external program c:\windows\system32\zonelabs\vsmon.exe. Taskmanager indicates vsmon is running.
    I have cleaned my system according the instructions from the faqs. Reinstalled. Repeated this steps. But nothing helps.

Who have any idea?

Thanks

Henk

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

nita Guest

Default Re: vsmon

Went back to old version myself. Had the same problem with new update as you. Tried all the suggestions given by GURU and others (spent about 4 hours re-installing & uninstalling), but no luck. So I had to go back to prior Version 7.0.483.000. Everything is fine now. If you haven't found a solution yet, you might want to try it. If you have, I'd really appreciate the info.

Following are the steps I used for XP Pro:

1. Download old Version 7.0.483.000 at http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html

2. Then Version 8 must be uninstalled in Safe Mode. (BTW, don't use the Zone Alarm products Uninstall - that doesn't seem to work either - even in safe mode!).

Safe mode = turn computer on, press F8 until menu comes up, click on safe mode, then click on your operating system.

3. When safe mode is up, click Start menu > control panel > add/remove.

4. When Add/Remove has populated programs (which takes a minute or two), scroll down to Zone Alarm, click change/remove.

5. Upon notice that it has been removed, you'll have to shut down & restart machine. Then install the old Version.

I realize that this is not optimal; however, four hours is about all I have time to spend. Let me know if you've found anything that works on Version 8. I'm all stressed out on that one at this stage.

Nita

henkh Guest

Default Re: vsmon

THX for your message.
    On this moment ZA 8.0.065.000 is running.

What have I done to fix it?

I have used this link http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-348954165744673908/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=vsmon&sc=7&sp=7& amp;sf=101113&sg=1&st=718717&documenti d=344896&action=view

But I also have ( all in safemode):

removed completely AVG( free Virusscanner)
    checked via autoruns that nor ZA or AVG will start after reboot
    removed from the registry the keys: Hkey_classes_root\Zone.clientM 1 and ...M2
    used CCLEANER to emtpy the recycle bin and fix registry-problems

After rebooting i have downloaded a fresh file and started the install myself.

I hope this can help you. Success

Henk

Thread Information