Thread: Re: Blank User Interface

jayaz Guest

Default Re: Blank User Interface

Acer Aspire 4520
    AMD 64X2 dual-core processor tk-57 1.9ghz
    ram 2 gb
    32 bit o/s
    vista home premium service pack 1

I seem to be having the same issue of the blank user interface when installing ZA. I was reading your guys' messages and nowhere in them does anyone mention that the windows file "DRVSTORE" pops up and is highlighted in blue. I have tried uninstalling my virus scanner (**bleep**), tried the ccleaner in both safe mode and user mode, have done a windows scan disc, tried the shift/ctrl reset approach, and installing from the safe mode. I have also uninstalled acers empowering technology tool thing. When I first installed ZA to this pc I had not uninstalled the acer technology program and I had a user interface except every time I rebooted ZA would go through the initializing stage over again. So I uninstalled the acer program did a CCleaner installed ZA again and came up with no user interface. So I uninstalled **bleep**, and ZA did another CCleaner reinstalled ZA and still no user interface but with no user interface the file system32 opens up and directs me to DVRSTORE folder and highlights it blue. any suggestions would be helpful. At this moment in time I do not have a virus scanner program installed.

nkeklund Guest

<blockquote><hr>jayaz wrote:
    Acer Aspire 4520
    AMD 64X2 dual-core processor tk-57 1.9ghz
    ram 2 gb
    32 bit o/s
    vista home premium service pack 1

I seem to be having the same issue of the blank user interface when installing ZA. I was reading your guys' messages and nowhere in them does anyone mention that the windows file &quot;DRVSTORE&quot; pops up and is highlighted in blue. I have tried uninstalling my virus scanner (**bleep**), tried the ccleaner in both safe mode and user mode, have done a windows scan disc, tried the shift/ctrl reset approach, and installing from the safe mode. I have also uninstalled acers empowering technology tool thing. When I first installed ZA to this pc I had not uninstalled the acer technology program and I had a user interface except every time I rebooted ZA would go through the initializing stage over again. So I uninstalled the acer program did a CCleaner installed ZA again and came up with no user interface. So I uninstalled **bleep**, and ZA did another CCleaner reinstalled ZA and still no user interface but with no user interface the file system32 opens up and directs me to DVRSTORE folder and highlights it blue. any suggestions would be helpful. At this moment in time I do not have a virus scanner program installed.
    <hr></blockquote>

Jayaz,

The blue means the file is compressed. Nothing to be concerned with. However, I did some searching and an entry in your registry could possibly be damaged with the symptoms you mention.

Check out the link below, it speaks about it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;170086

Nick

prof_fate Guest

I'm just a User here like you.. But here is some info on the &quot;blank user interface&quot; problem..
    Interference is still possiblely the adwatch of the ad-ware or from the antivirus.
    The reset of the database for thr ZA usually repairs the blank interface.

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together then

2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

jayaz Guest

Thank you guys for your information.

Thread Information