Thread: TrueVector is corrupt; can't uninstall. HELP!

meirkatz Guest

Default TrueVector is corrupt; can't uninstall. HELP!

My TrueVector service is corrupt. Windows Vista is constantly telling me that the service has stopped working and that I need to either close the program or search for a solution on line. It doesn't matter which button I hit; the problem doesn't get fixed and I'll get another error message a few minutes later with the same complaint. This had been going on for a long time with not too much difficulty. The firewall still seemed to be working and when it stopped working, rebooting the system seemed to do the trick. Finally, Zonealarm came out with an update and I tried to install it, hoping that it would solve the problem. Wrong! There was a problem during the installation (I think unrelated to TrueVector). The old version of ZoneAlarm remains on my system. I can't open the software. I can't uninstall it. I can't access the TrueVector software. I can't install the new version because the installation software says that it is unable to disable the TrueVector service and instructs me to do it manually in the control panel (which I am unable to access). And I am unable to manually shut down the service in Window's "Administrative Tools" application. I'm out of ideas, I am running Windows Firewall (yuk!), and this TrueVector thing seems to be interfearing with other applications. HELP!!!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

ronrobsilver Guest

Default Re: TrueVector is corrupt; can't uninstall. HELP!

Same symptoms here.

I recently installed some Vista updates and then the problems started cascading.

ZA doesn't run and can't be uninstalled!

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ronrobsilver Guest

Thanks, that procedure worked.

Any idea what caused the problem?

Hi!
    nope, this is usually related to system locking files thus cannot be removed timely on the system.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information