Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vsmon.exe has generated errors pop-up followed by DrWatson Fatal Error at Zone start-up

Default Re: vsmon.exe has generated errors pop-up followed by DrWatson Fatal Error at Zone start-up

Thank you for your FeedbackI think you are trying to make this process more complicated than it needs to be..There is no need for the 27 Step Safe-Mode unnstall..1.) Just run the New Uninstall Tool "cpes_clean.exe" in normal Boot mode and click OK, it wl do the Clean install in a matter of seconds, and reboot again in Normal Mode and all traces of ZA will have been removes simple as that..2.) The Clean the Junk off your computer Trash Bin, Temp files Etc.. with this Simple to use Free Cleaning tool called "ccleaner"

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! http://forum.zonelabs.org/i/smilies/...iley-happy.gif

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slimIt is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    3.) the other complications you mentioned, may be due to Complications of Conflicts with other Security or Registry Blocking Tools like Recure, Registry Mechanic, or Anti-Spyware that have Rg-gaurd type feature..Please note that Z does not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZA issues remove them and install back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, mcAfee, spyspweeper, spyware doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&D, PC tools Threatfire, otherantivirus, antispyware, registry locking tools, etc...4.) If my adice above does not work for you again, the Contact Tech Support again..5.) if you have contacted ZA Tech Support and Received Advice that did not work, You need to Reply back to Tech Support with the Details so that they know their Adiced did not fix your problem and they can use More Details from you to design a customized Solution for you situation, the Main thing is to continue Comunication with Tech support..6.) Let us know what you find ou innyour Progress Report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975598217
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zxytest Guest

Default Re: vsmon.exe has generated errors pop-up followed by DrWatson Fatal Error at Zone start-up

Thanks for all of you help George.
    Still having the same problem.. slight difference in failure message now though...info farther down.Computer configuration:- Windows XP Home Edition, SP3- Removed all registry, AS/AV tools
    (Reg Cure, xpAntispy, McAfee, Xoftspy, SpyBot)- Have removed ZASS version 8.0 in Safe Mode and in normal start-up using the uninstall default that comes with Zone, used that default with the '/clean', performed the 25+ manual removal steps and used the cpes_clean.
    Used these removals individually and combined.- Downloaded ZASS to a download folder and desktop.- Performed the install in Safe Mode with and without networks and in normal start-up- Reboots to nromal mode after installing in Safe Mode have all resulted in a reboot as soon as the login window appears after starting windows.
    Restarts with last know good configuration are successful (excluding zone)- ALL attempts to start ZASS after a normal boot-up resulted in two pop-ups:
    1st to arrive: Program Error stating "vsmon.exe ahs encountered erros and will be closed by Windows.
    You will need to restart the program.
    "
    2nd to arrive is a DrWatson Fatal Error pop-up stating Dr. Watson was unable to attach to the process.
    It is possble that the process exited before Dr. Watson could attach to it.
    Windows returned error code = -2147024891
    Access denied.
    ".
    Pressing the [Cancel] on the Program Error pop-up doesn't do anything visible other than dismissing the pop-up.
    Pressing the [OK] on the Fatal Error pop-up clears the pop-up but both pop-ups return within a couple seconds.- Task Manager observables... vsclient starts then vsmon.exe starts.
    The mem usage value climbs to around 16000K then drops and this is follwed by the two pop-ups described just above.
    Sometimes I've seen multiple vsmon processes in the task manager.
    All low in memory and appear to be re-start attempts.- ZASS in Safe MODE:
    In most cases, ZASS

I'm Sorry I was unable to get you to try my method.. But that's Ok.. it may have been my fault in notmaking clearwhat I wanted you to try?Maybe ZA Tech Support can help you, if you give them the Full Details of your Problem and what you have tried already..You can contact them free of Charge at: ZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsformPlease post back to Tech Support and Let them know if what they suggest works or if you need more help..please keep us posted on your progress..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:975660264
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200901.5105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security