Thread: System will not reboot after free ZA update

edgizmo Guest

Default System will not reboot after free ZA update

I have a Dell E310 PC runnning Win XP Home Media Center edition, with **bleep** antivirus running.
    I installed the update and when I did the re-boot it hung on the Windows "Welcome" screen. I tried a cold boot and got the same result. I ended up having to boot into safe mode, where I tried to do a System Restore.

My System Restore would not run and gave me a RUNDLL error. I don't know if that is a seperate issue or part of the ZA update.
    I rebooted again, and this time took the boot option to restore to the last good configuration. It came up, but I could not get out to the internet at all.
    From safe mode I uninstalled Zone Alarm, and then after the seccussful re-boot into normal mode I tried to install it again. It got to 97%, where it was trying to install a file called something like d??help.dll. It was hung at this point, and after a few minutes I had to cancel it. At this point I once again could not reach anyhting on the internet until I unstalled Zone Alarm.
    Currently I am only using Windows Firewall.
    Any Ideas or suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Keith

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: System will not reboot after free ZA update

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

1.) Some Users with MCE on XPhave had luck installing ZoneAlarm..But officially, ZoneAlarm does not support XP Media Center Edition(of any SP level) on any verion of our XP/2000 versions of our software.ZoneAlarm does support all verison of Vista with our vista version of our software no matter if media center is part of your vista OS or not.2.) Message from thw Moderator on MCE Support..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...d=74173#M25432
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information