Thread: Finally ver 8 success

dfur Guest

Default Finally ver 8 success

After much hair pulling trying to guide a family member over the phone, I found this link...

http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html

...which I found easier to follow than the many forum posts with similar advice.

It seems a full uninstall and clean install is the only solution to the v8 upgrade blues.

One difference from the steps provided above, was that I had to carry out all the steps in Safe mode. In normal mode truevector kept getting in the way.

To get to Start mode, rather than use the F8 on boot method, I used Start > Run > msconfig > boot.ini tab > safeboot checkbox.

I tried the uninstall utility from Zonealarm but it kept closing with an error message. In the end I didn't need it.

Thanks to the forum member who provided the above link (now lost in a sea of browser tabs). I hope this saves someone from a bit of timewasting and hairpulling.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Finally ver 8 success

Thank you for your Feedback..And I agree with you about providing Computer Help to Family and friends over the Phone..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    For future reference on this Forum..1.) the RED Search Box helps access the Forum Database..2.) Helpful Hints and Links Secion has some helpful information..Thanks again for your Input..--------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.059.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.059.000
    Driver version:8.0.059.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:977568256
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200902.5285
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957-------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information