Thread: Update 8.0.065.000 - AOL connection for continuation of my closed tread answered by Fax

largetabletop Guest

Default Update 8.0.065.000 - AOL connection for continuation of my closed tread answered by Fax

Hi there,
    Thank you for answering my earlier post.I took a deep breath and followed your instructions.
    I Reset, Restarted and the configuration screen came up.
    But unfortunately, same problem.
    I can get on the internet
    via my
    AOL connection - It sees my email, It knows my screen name, but it will not load the home page. message -
    'Navigation to webpage cancelled'.
    If l refresh the page the home page comes up.
    Sometimes you have to try more than once.
    Loading up some sites with Zone Alarm running works fine, but if you go to a Banking site you can only get passed the first page on identification.
    If l shut down Zone Alarm l operate fine.
    I am note totally confident about following all the clean install treads l have read, and am concerned that if l try anything l could possibly loose the internet connection or the information on the computer inself.
    Silly me hey.
    Do you think a further update if we get one would solve the problems people are having and make it more stable? Therefore, do nothing, but then you have no firewall?Should l go back to an earlier addition?I tried to go back to an earlier restore point on my computer to get my earlier version back, but the computer said nothing had changed, therefore l could not go back to an earlier restore point.Why is it that the new download is unstable and why is it that there seems to be different numbers after version 8, has there already been a slight update, or does it just download differently for different machines etc?
    I appreciate you looking at this thread.
    Kind regards
    LargeTabletop
    Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 3AVG 7.5.549

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

Message Edited by LargeTabletop on 02-04-2009 08:36 PM

Default Re: Update 8.0.065.000 - AOL connection for continuation of my closed tread answered by Fax

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>LargeTabletop wrote:
    Loading up some sites with Zone Alarm running works fine, but if you go to a Banking site you can only get passed the first page on identification.If l shut down Zone Alarm l operate fine.Message Edited by LargeTabletop on 02-04-2009 08:36 PM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Very strange, ZA free should not have the ability to block web pages...Are you sure we are talking about the free version?Not sure what to suggest apart from reverting to version 7.Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

largetabletop Guest

Default Re: Update 8.0.065.000 - AOL connection for continuation of my closed tread answered by Fax

Hi Fax,
    I am on the free 8.0.065.000 updated a couple of days ago.
    Do you have any answers to my other questions in my tread ?
    l think l was previously
    on version 7.0.470.0
    would that seem right?
    How would l get back to version 7.0.470.0?
    Could l just run it from my desktop and it would over right 8.0.065.000?

Hi!yes, you find the previous version here:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlThe best is to remove ZA 8 before installing version 7.CHeers,Fax

largetabletop Guest

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    How would you advise that l remove version 8?

Why? Do you think you can't remove ZA?Just use the XP add/remove programs and it should work fineCheers,Fax

largetabletop Guest

Thanks Fax,
    It's just that l have been reading all these things about
    a clean install etc and folders getting left and safe mode etc
    Perhaps l am just a bit worried and am loosing confidence.
    Sorry

Yes, I understand.. if you read this forum of course you will get a very different picture of the product.Users having no problems simply don't post here Cheers,Fax

Thread Information