Thread: Compatibility Windows Vista 32 Bit(SP1) with 8.0.020.000.en

Hybrid View

rialedimulit Guest

Default Compatibility Windows Vista 32 Bit(SP1) with 8.0.020.000.en

Compatibility Windows Vista 32 Bit(SP1) with 8.0.020.000.en

I am trying since I have Windows Vista to install ZoneAlarm. (With Windows Firewall I already had a Virus)
    But Any Version from ZA did without success. It tells me always that it is not compatible. Then I triyed to accept in Windows the Datenausf hrungsverhinderung for ZoneAlarm. But how beautiful life can be - Windows tells me seriously that its not possible to deactivate the Datenausf hrungsverhinderung for ZoneAlarm. Anybody same problem?

Thanks for help...

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Compatibility Windows Vista 32 Bit(SP1) with 8.0.020.000.en

Try installing the Zone Alarm Free this way:[*] download a new ZA installer using only the Internet Explorer browser and please do not use any web accelerators or download managers (these will corrupt the ZA installer).
    download from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/ZoneAlarm_Free_d388.html
    [*] then clean all temp folders (use the window disk cleaner) to remove any previous files left over from the bad install. Delete the previous failing ZA installer and clean the recycle bin.
    [*] next start the Windows Vista in the safe mode and then begin the installation of the ZA.

This should work well for you.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

rialedimulit Guest

Thanks for the try to help me. but no success!
    i downloaded a new ZA installer using only the Internet Explorer browser from the site that you recommended - then I cleaned my computer the way you said - and installed the new ZA in the windows safe mode. I also disconnected the Internet and shut down Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

But I still have the same failure message: after installing 97% of ZoneAlarm the Windows Window opens and tells me, that there is a error in ZA and that the Program needs to be closed. I Press Ok and then it opens the next Window by the launch bar and tells me that it is a unaccepted software and it is not accepted from the Datenausf hrungsverhinderung.

<blockquote><hr>rialedimulit wrote:
    Compatibility Windows Vista 32 Bit(SP1) with 8.0.020.000.en

I am trying since I have Windows Vista to install ZoneAlarm. (With Windows Firewall I already had a Virus)
    But Any Version from ZA did without success. It tells me always that it is not compatible. Then I triyed to accept in Windows the Datenausf hrungsverhinderung for ZoneAlarm. But how beautiful life can be - Windows tells me seriously that its not possible to deactivate the Datenausf hrungsverhinderung for ZoneAlarm. Anybody same problem?

Thanks for help...

Operating System:
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>
    Datenausf hrungsverhinderung = "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP).

Tried turning off the DEP in the Vista and then install the ZA?
    It could be the DEP is corrupted by the virus - windows could have issues developed from the virus infection.

Try the DEP off before installing and on after finishing the install:
    Run a command prompt as administrator. From the start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator". From here you can use the following command to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) with the following command:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Keeping your command prompt open, run your setup or other process being stopped by DEP. Then, to turn it back on again, do the same and run the following:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

http://www.realtime-vista.com/admini...tion_preve.htm

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

rialedimulit Guest

Hi

Just tried what u recommended me to do.
    so I turned of the &quot;Data Execution Prevention&quot; (DEP) and then I installed the ZA again. But the DEP told me again that he needs to shut down the Programm. Ok i thought, logical, I do need to do it again, like u told me in the first answer. so I did the whole procedure again and installed ZA with the DEP turned off. By installing I get again the same message, that the programm needs to be closed, but it did not mention the DEP problem again.
    During that, my windows firewall was off.

I dont think, that the viruses are the problem. Because since I am trying to install ZA I have already installed the windows vista twice again.

I like ZA that much that I dont think of given up right now. I appreciate help a lot.

First, the windows firewall should be turned off in the Windows Services - this will stop the windows firewall driver from loading with windows (after the reboot).

Unfortunately I do not use Vista, so I have limited knowledge of the newer windows.
    And grasping for ideas is hard without any Vista experience.

But try these last two ideas:
    -make sure the computer's BIOS has the memory protection off (this can conflict with the DEP of windows).
    -and the last idea is try to install the ZA in a new full admin (full privileges) user account and see if the install works in a different account other than the one it is now being attempted in.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information