Thread: Setup wizard keeps appearing on bootup

deanmc Guest

Default Setup wizard keeps appearing on bootup

Greetings allI've just bought Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite for the 1st time and all is fine apart from a little problem with the setup wizard.
    My version is 8.0.059.000 running on Vista Ultimate.
    I also have Spybot running.ZA appears to be working ok but everytime I reboot the PC for some reason the setup wizard reappears and wants to take me through the whole setup again.
    If I cancel it I get a warning that the settings won't be retained but I don't think that's happening.This is not causing me much grief but it's more of an annoyance that I hope someone can offer a suggestion as to what I can do.
    I haven't had experience with this program before.
    Many thanksDean

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Setup wizard keeps appearing on bootup

Hi!your ZA Suite did not install correctly. Please remove as well as any other security tool installed.ZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, AVG, NOD, and manyothers. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZASS is working as it should.1. Remove ZA following this instruction:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlTake note of your license and remember to remove the folders mentioned at the end of the document2. Remove the other security tools3. Clean your system and registry with ccleaner.comhttp://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds/downloadbinslim4. Re-download the ZA installerwww.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/ 5. Install with default settings do NOT alter them. After re-boot go to ZA antivirus/antispyware and 'Update Now' and do not restore any previous ZA settings.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

deanmc Guest

Thanks Fax.
    That fixed the problem.
    On reboot I see that ZA always does a new check of Outlook email but I guess that's normal.
    Thanks againDean.

You're welcome!
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Deanmc wrote:
    On reboot I see that ZA always does a new check of Outlook email
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>How? What sort of message do you see indicating ZA scanning outlook? First time I hear about this.Or it is the junk filter when you open Outlook?Cheers,Fax

deanmc Guest

Sorry, I wasn't being very descriptive!
    Yes it just the junk mail scanner kicking in each time I open Outlook.

Hi!yes, this is by design, it starts everytime outlook starts. If you don't want the ZA junk mail filter then you can UNcheck the option in the 'email protection' section of ZA.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information