Thread: Downloading upgrades, mouse and DVD rom issues

twitchr Guest

Default Downloading upgrades, mouse and DVD rom issues

Ok, the first problem is my ability to download the upgrades. I have dial up ISP which disconnects me after 4 hours and makes it impossible to get the upgrades that are 50 MB when I'm running at 44.0-48.0 speeds. I need to do the last one from a few months back and that has probably led to the other two problems.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to run a disk in the DVD Rom drive and while it lights up and spins, it won't recognize a disk in the drive. The last time this happened it was due to either a windows update or a virus/spyware, can't remember which. It's never been used much so I doubt that it's fried.

And last week after a re-boot, all of a sudden the right click function on my mouse stopped working. I did another re-boot today and it's still not functional. I checked it out in the control panel and it says it's working fine. Again, I suspect a virus or spyware. The mouse is barely 6 months old so it's still pretty new.

Any suggestions or knowledge of what to do about any of these issues?

Thanks,
    twitchr

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

findley Guest

Default Re: Downloading upgrades, mouse and DVD rom issues

twitchr,

On the issue of dialup and downloads disconnecting from your ISP after 4 hours - got a friend/Neighbor/relative with broadband? library? Download to portable media (disk or usb drive) and take it home and install on the dialup computer.

To clean your computer, have you taken a look at
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=3787

hope this helps you,
    Findley

Thread Information