Thread: why did za pro disappear?

presseyr Guest

Default why did za pro disappear?

I really hate upgrading za. every single time it creates problems, but the messenger agent hounds you forever until you do it. I now have free za with my za pro totally missing. Any reasons for this or suggestions.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

zaswing Guest

Default Re: why did za pro disappear?

I don't understand what you mean "disappear". The ZA-free version you're using is not ZA-Pro version.
    Are you looking for where to get the Pro version?
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

presseyr Guest

I had za pro and have had it for years. I started getting the pop up window (annoying in itself) saying there was an important update. I finally clicked update now got to the window that offered me the option of buying an upgrade or installing an update. I selected the update which then installed free za over my za pro. Za is a great product but sorting out the free vs pro and keeping up to date has been on ongoing hassle. It is just not at all clear what is being done or which product you are working with most of the time.

zaswing Guest

Well, don't bother with those buttons in the GUI.Just download the pro version from here. Uninstall what you now have, install this new nice Pro version. Your licence will most likely hold up, but just in case it didn't, copy the licence key first.

I haven't the faintest idea why "it" installed free, when you were updateing Pro. Sorry. Did you really have Pro? As far as what you're running - if you just right-click the Z icon and select About, you'll know what you're running.

You can always set Product updates to MANUAL and won't bother you. Do it on Overview > Preferences. Just don't confuse it with the signature updates on the antispyware screen.

presseyr Guest

thanks for your time.

Thread Information