Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: Zone Alarm Extreme uninstall kills my network connection

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme uninstall kills my network connection

Oldsod,How are you doing?
    Question?
    Would he need to Turn Off or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista to use the netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt command.

<blockquote><hr>Charles_B wrote:
    Oldsod,How are you doing?
    Question?
    Would he need to Turn Off or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista to use the netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt command.
    <hr></blockquote>

In the admin account or in the user account?
    Running the command prompt as administrator?
    I really do not know - never tried it.
    I am waiting for Windows 7 to get finalized and then I will found out first hand (can't wait for the handy slider to come into use).
    What about your Vista - did you try this yourself to find out and see what happens?
    (it will cause no damage to windows if it does run, the command just resets things in the registry to the way they are supposed to be in the first place).

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Charles_B Guest

Oldsod, Sorry I interpose on your thread.I use XP.The reason I asked the question was because I remember coming across &quot;User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide&quot;.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc709691.aspx

Don't take me wrong, I have expanded my general knowledge in reading your posts in the forum.I thank you for that.Nice evening.

Oldsod, Sorry I interpose on your thread.I use XP.The reason I asked the question was because I remember coming across "User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide".

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc709691.aspx

Don't take me wrong, I have expanded my general knowledge in reading your posts in the forum.I thank you for that.Nice evening.
    <hr></blockquote>

From what I understand (only xp user myself), using the command as administrator (Crtl-Shift-Enter) is all that is needed for the IP reset on Vista.
    This seems to be the general advice given.
    Also the same applies running the command as admin for resetting the winsock in windows vista (netsh winsock reset).
    Resetting the winsock in windows helps to fix the winsock issues if there is troyan injected into it or perhaps some left over .dlls from some other security software. Some antivirus web scanner or sometimes an antivirus email scanner or even some ad/popup blockers programs inject themselves into the winsock (also commonly called the LSP).
    This too can mess up the windows internet connections.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Charles_B Guest

Thank you for the detail comprehensible explanation.I'll be searching for more of your posts in the forum.Very knowledgeable threads.Have a good evening.

Thank you for the detail comprehensible explanation.I'll be searching for more of your posts in the forum.Very knowledgeable threads.Have a good evening.
    <hr></blockquote>
    I am guessing somebody moved your post out of that previous thread into it's own thread.
    I did catch your user name attached to the post and decided to check out the thread.
    I was checking out your posts actually at the time.
    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Charles_B wrote:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi Charles,This time it was me that moved your request for Helpful information into it's own Trend..1.) while it is OK and encouraged for ZA Users to ask questions about ZA or Computer Security in general,it is not Proper to HI-Jack some other original posters Trend...as a matter of Curtsey and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guidelines ,ask each User to Please starttheir own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> This insures that each User receives a solution specific to their on Problem,When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody else's problem, any advice or solution to your problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..Thank you in advance for you Cooperation in this matter..

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

GeorgeV ,Would it be OK in the future to start a new thread and copy &amp; paste the link as to reference in question?As not to HI-Jack some other original posters.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Charles_B wrote:
    GeorgeV ,Would it be OK in the future to start a new thread and copy &amp; paste the link as to reference in question?As not to HI-Jack some other original posters.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback,Yes, Starting your own New Trend and referencing another Trend would be all Right to do..Hi-Jacking IMHO, can occur when another user (accidentally or on Purpose) interject their own own views and lead the discussion into another direction or interject a problem not experienced by the Original poster..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Charles_B Guest

Yes, your correct.Will do in the future.
    Thank You and have a nice day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information