Thread: Little red x on Zone Alarm Tray icon after enetering new license key

asid Guest

Default Little red x on Zone Alarm Tray icon after enetering new license key

My License key expired yesterday and I entered a new key from a retail box. Everything seems fine on the MAI-Product Info
    page
    ( I got another 365 days, the key was accepted) and on the
    Overview-Main page everything
    is green. Also the AV signatures updated just fine. However, the litte red x sign on the tray icon remains, even after rebooting. Also, upon rebooting the program prompts me to renew my license key again. How can I fix this?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    ZAISS 8.0.059.000Windows XP SP3

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Little red x on Zone Alarm Tray icon after enetering new license key

Hi!your ZA settings are corrupted and your ZA firewall broken (red X).You will need to remove ZASS with /clean and /rmlicense switch (to reset the license). See here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlDownload latest version of ZASS:www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/Reinstall, when prompted enter the new license.Update antivirus manually and scan your system.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

asid Guest

Default Re: Little red x on Zone Alarm Tray icon after enetering new license key

Hi Fax,
    Thank you very much for the fast reply. I decided to try first a database reset before re-installation because the red x was the only problem (little red x at the corner of the "Z icon" to let me know that my license had expired and not a big x taking over the whole tray icon indicating firewall problems.) Anyway, unless I am missing something, it seems that this solved the problem. Hopefully, I managed to postpone clean re-install for a little bit longer before
    trying the newest ZAISS version.
    Thank you again very much for your helpful suggestion.
    Cheersasid
    P.S. I did have other problems with earlier versions of ZAISS that I was able to resolve based on your suggestions and the suggestions of other ZA users on the forum. I really appreciate the support you
    guys provide to other users like me.

You're welcome!Thank you for taking the time to report back.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information