Thread: Installation concern

smedfam Guest

Default Installation concern

I just downloaded zone alarm for my home computer. I downloaded the Extreme protection plan, the one that protects everything. So, when I restarted my pc my windows XP told me that my virus protection was turned off. Also, a screen appeared telling me that I am on the trial version. I would like to know what this all means?
    Thank you.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Message Edited by smedfam on 03-07-2009 05:26 PM

mdbilski Guest

Default Re: Installation concern

If ZAX loaded without problems, what I did
    when XP told me my firewall was off and my anti-virus was off, I clicked the dot that said I have my own.
    Since downloading ZA products provide
    protection, I figured not to confuse the machine with trying to run multiple softwares doing the same thing.
    After shutdown and restart I went in to Control Panel, Security Center, and low n behold ZA products were listed as my protections in the boxes.
    Cool.
    Things seem to be running smooth.

Default Re: Installation concern

If you downloaded the product without entering a valid purchased license key, there is a fully functional trial period of 15 days. Try rebooting your machine to see if the Windows Security Center corrects itself. If you had previous security software installed prior to installing ZoneAlarm, make sure all traces of your former product are completely removed. Good luck as ZAX is running extremely well for me.

NNard

ZAX

Thread Information