Thread: Cannot install latest upgrade - 298 Pro

kenwa Guest

Default Cannot install latest upgrade - 298 Pro

I downloaded and installed the update but installation halted with an error about being unable to open a file in my Local Settings/Temp file so I deleted that file and tried anew. Repeated attempts all fall over now with error messages saying various .dll's are not found in the temporary file. I tried downloading the file from the home site rather than the upgrade but the same errors occur.
    Since the install started by uninstalling the original I now have no firewall! Can anyone please help.

Windows XP SP3
    Avira Antivir 8.2

findley Guest

Default Re: Cannot install latest upgrade - 298 Pro

KenWA,

There are detailed uninstall instructions by fax in this thread
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...d=85532#M85532 only change is where it points to security suite download it looks like you are using ZAPro - you would download the ZAPro
    for offline installation.

Just download the right
    Zone Alarm version
    for your system from another computer and put it on a flash/USB drive or disk to be installed offline on the problem computer.

Hope this helps,
    Findley

Message Edited by Findley on 03-18-2009 07:11 AM

Message Edited by Findley on 03-18-2009 07:40 AM

findley Guest

KenWA,
    I goofed in my link the first time.X-(
    Anyway, I wanted to be sure and correct it for you as the first email notification of this would contain the bad link.
    Since there isn't a separate email sent when a post is edited I'm posting again to correct the link from the previous post:

http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...d=85532#M85532
    Enjoy your dayFindley

kenwa Guest

Thanks Findley (and Fax).

I have printed out the detailed instructions for future use since I solved the problem yesterday. In desperation I booted into Safe mode and tried the install from there and it went without a hitch There did not seem to be any residual files as I have certainly had to reset permissions for all my applications.

findley Guest

KenWA,

You're welcome and glad to hear it's sorted!

Findley

Thread Information