Thread: Zone Alarm Extreme with Vista 64

metawalksheep Guest

Default Zone Alarm Extreme with Vista 64

Well I have seen posts on here of problems with ZA EXTREME. New product, but perhaps in the 'more information section' of the download is part of the answer to our problems???
    In their system requirements and description of the software they post a warning that is mysterious to me. They say," * Free ZoneAlarm Firewall is not available for Vista 64-bit"WHAT does that mean??? I was worried when
    I read that while purchasing the software, but figured at least I'd simply have to purchase the 'Firewall' separately from them??? BUT when I try to contact SUPPORT in any fashion other than paying $50 for their SUPPORT I find all kinds of road blocks and no contact has been made directly.
    As the 'unhappy customer' posted I too uninstalled Norton 360 which came free
    with my
    Gateway Computer. I installed ZONE ALARM EXTREME and all was well until it shortly stopped the 'anti-virus' from being enabled.
    Same as with 'unhappy customer' the computer did the following that they posted:

Here's more info: On the main zone alarm screen, Antivirus is red color and it says 'antivirus is not set properly.' If I press Fix it, it temporarily turns green then goes back to red again with same error message.... and more info: On the Antivirus/Antispyware page, it says: "Antivirus scanning is de-activated. This can happen if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates are disabled." When I press the button or link to update and reactivate link, it updates virus definitions but does not start antivirus.
    ALSO I have BIG FIX on my GATEWAY computer...is ZONE ALARM EXTREME SECURITY compatible with BIG FIX??? On the surface BIG FIX seems to work fine with ZAX, but perhaps this is cause of problem???

THANKS to anyone for response

Robert

Operating System:Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

findley Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme with Vista 64

<blockquote><hr>metawalksheep wrote:
    Well I have seen posts on here of problems with ZA EXTREME. New product, but perhaps in the 'more information section' of the download is part of the answer to our problems???
    In their system requirements and description of the software they post a warning that is mysterious to me. They say,&quot; * Free ZoneAlarm Firewall is not available for Vista 64-bit"WHAT does that mean??? I was worried when
    I read that while purchasing the software, but figured at least I'd simply have to purchase the 'Firewall' separately from them??? BUT when I try to contact SUPPORT in any fashion other than paying $50 for their SUPPORT I find all kinds of road blocks and no contact has been made directly.

There is a separate free standalone zone alarm firewall that has no anti-virus, no anti- spyware, just a firewall and free and not Vista 64-bit.
    The free zone alarm firewall is a separate product from the Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite.
    Here is a link to Zone Alarm Product Comparison chart which
    lists the features included in each product: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...e-software.htm
    For paid subscribers, here are contact links for customer support, technical support and live chat
    Customer Service:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...rvice-form.htm
    Technical Support:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...t-form.htmLive
    Live Chat:
    http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...YPE?category=6The live chat hours are limited - not 24/7 but I believe something like business hours Central Time USA - not sure on the times but the icon for live chat will be there if the service is running and missing when it's not available on that page.

As the 'unhappy customer' posted I too uninstalled Norton 360 which came free
    with my
    Gateway Computer. I installed ZONE ALARM EXTREME and all was well until it shortly stopped the 'anti-virus' from being enabled.
    I do not have Zone Alarm Extreme Security running, so that's best left for someone else to help you with.
    Same as with 'unhappy customer' the computer did the following that they posted:

Here's more info: On the main zone alarm screen, Antivirus is red color and it says 'antivirus is not set properly.' If I press Fix it, it temporarily turns green then goes back to red again with same error message.... and more info: On the Antivirus/Antispyware page, it says: &quot;Antivirus scanning is de-activated. This can happen if the system clock has been set forward or anti-virus updates are disabled.&quot; When I press the button or link to update and reactivate link, it updates virus definitions but does not start antivirus.
    ALSO I have BIG FIX on my GATEWAY computer...is ZONE ALARM EXTREME SECURITY compatible with BIG FIX??? On the surface BIG FIX seems to work fine with ZAX, but perhaps this is cause of problem???

THANKS to anyone for response

Robert

Operating System:
    Windows Vista 64 bit
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

<hr></blockquote>Sorry I can't help you with Zone Alarm Extreme Security, I have never used it.
    I use the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite.
    Hope the support links help.Findley

findley Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Extreme with Vista 64

metawalksheep,
    Link to live chathttps://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc...ish/General/1a
    Findley

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Free 8.0.298 is Vista 64 compatible

Then new ZoneAlarm 'Free' Firewall release version 8.0.298. is now Vista 64 compatible.
    Click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    8.0.298.000 was released to the public on March 23, 2009

Thread Information