Thread: Problems with Yahoo Finance after upgrade

myrgoups Guest

Default Problems with Yahoo Finance after upgrade

I recently upgraded to v 8.0.298.000, and since then Yahoo Finance sends ZA into a tail spin: reliably every time I go there, my computer almost-freezes (it becomes as slow as molasses) for about 30 seconds, after which I get a message that the TrueVector monitor has closed down. Obviously, my internet connection is locked down as well because TrueVector is not running. After about a minute it restarts itself and I can go on with whatever I want to do, except use Yahoo Finance. Up to now this is the only site that has caused this.

Does anybody have any idea what could be going on here and what I can do about it?

Thanks,
    Michael

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: Problems with Yahoo Finance after upgrade

This could be the same issue that happen on Amazon.comTurn off all the the Privacy controls. See if that helps.Forum Moderator

myrgoups Guest

Yes, it works fine if I switch off privacy control. Is there some way that I can repair this in a more structural way, or will I have to learn to switch off privacy control every time I go to these sites?

Thanks,
    Michael

srschacher Guest

I'm assuming that this is a known problem with the architecture of Zone Alarm, as I've seen this problem on many recent websites and read this "fix" many times. I say "fix" because it's not really acceptable to disable a core functionality that's supposed to set the product apart from its free counterparts.
    If I recall correctly, it has something to do with the way that Privacy intercepts the XML and inserts its own code that interferes with the operation of some
    websites?
    Do you know if this is ever going to be fixed? Did I read in the beta that that version of ZA was pulling the current privacy architecture out and replacing it with a version of Forcefield? Or is that what Extreme is becoming and ZA ISS is going to remain a software firewall that cripples certain websites?
    Steve

Thread Information