Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Unable to delete .rdb files

  1. #1
    johnhulse Guest

    Default Unable to delete .rdb files

    I forgot password for security suite 7. I am unable to deselct load on windows start to quit the app. . I can not delete the suggested files because it says files are in use. I can not exit the app. because I don't remember the password. I am stuck. Can't uninstall because no password, can't delete files because they are in use, can't quit the app. because no password. What's a man to do? I followed the instructions on the work around for forgotten password, but how can you exit wihtout a passowrd and delete files with them in use in safe mode or windows.Thanks,John

    Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,056

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files


    <blockquote><hr>johnhulse wrote:
    I forgot password for security suite 7. I am unable to deselct load on windows start to quit the app. . I can not delete the suggested files because it says files are in use. I can not exit the app. because I don't remember the password. I am stuck. Can't uninstall because no password, can't delete files because they are in use, can't quit the app. because no password. What's a man to do? I followed the instructions on the work around for forgotten password, but how can you exit wihtout a passowrd and delete files with them in use in safe mode or windows.Thanks,John

    Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    7.0
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

    <hr></blockquote>


    Delete both the iamdb.rdb and the backup,rdb files in the safe mode - the ZA will not automatically start in the safe mode and these two files can then be easily deleted.
    Also delete any .zips files found in the Internet Logs folder at the same time ... and clean the recycle bin before rebooting into the normal mode.

    See http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542.../removePW.html for the official guidelines for remobing the password in the ZA.

    Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

  3. #3
    johnhulse Guest

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files

    Hi and thanks for the response. I have tried the suggestion in safe mode and the files say in use by another person or program. I can't get the program to end. Anything I do asks for the forgotten password, and the files needed to be removed are &quot;locked&quot; in safe mode and windows.Thanks again,John

  4. #4
    cliff_rigg Guest

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files

    <blockquote><hr>johnhulse wrote:
    Hi and thanks for the response. I have tried the suggestion in safe mode and the files say in use by another person or program. I can't get the program to end. Anything I do asks for the forgotten password, and the files needed to be removed are &quot;locked&quot; in safe mode and windows.Thanks again,John
    <hr></blockquote>


    Have a look here

    http://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs...message.id=168

    it may just solve your problem...

  5. #5
    johnhulse Guest

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files

    Hello...Once again...I can not delete the files in the Internet log folder because I get the error that the files are in use by another program or person.
    Even in safe mode I get the same error. I can not exit the app. because I don't remember the password. I can not delete the files because they are locked. I can not select in the properties to not start when windows starts because again I don't remember the password. It is a catch 22. I need the password to end the program, I can not delete the files beacause they are locked, I can not delete the registry files because I am told that they can not be deleted both in safe mode and in windows.John

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,056

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files


    <blockquote><hr>johnhulse wrote:
    Hello...Once again...I can not delete the files in the Internet log folder because I get the error that the files are in use by another program or person.
    Even in safe mode I get the same error. I can not exit the app. because I don't remember the password. I can not delete the files because they are locked. I can not select in the properties to not start when windows starts because again I don't remember the password. It is a catch 22. I need the password to end the program, I can not delete the files beacause they are locked, I can not delete the registry files because I am told that they can not be deleted both in safe mode and in windows.John
    <hr></blockquote>


    Try this advice!
    It is different from the stock answers - it involves a special regustry fix.
    And it is very nicely explained.

    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=182

    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

  7. #7
    johnhulse Guest

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files

    Hello,Once again I am being asked to delete the files in the Internet Log. I can not delete these files to progress to the next step. I am being blocked. I get the error in safe m ode for my account as well as the administrator account in safe mode. I tried to msconfig and disable all, but upon reboot the process is still loaded. I tried to go to the registry string and delete the entry in the store folder in safe mode and in windows in both accounts and can not delete the key. I can not delete anything and can not shut down ZA because I don't know the password and I can't kill the password because the files that need to be deleted are in use by another person or program.Thanks,John

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,056

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files


    <blockquote><hr>johnhulse wrote:
    Hello,Once again I am being asked to delete the files in the Internet Log. I can not delete these files to progress to the next step. I am being blocked. I get the error in safe m ode for my account as well as the administrator account in safe mode. I tried to msconfig and disable all, but upon reboot the process is still loaded. I tried to go to the registry string and delete the entry in the store folder in safe mode and in windows in both accounts and can not delete the key. I can not delete anything and can not shut down ZA because I don't know the password and I can't kill the password because the files that need to be deleted are in use by another person or program.Thanks,John
    <hr></blockquote>


    Then uninstall the ZA - in the safe mode to give it an extra help for the uninstall.
    Just use the uninstall in the add and remove programs in the control panel.
    Once the ZA is removed, then delete the files, if they are still existing.

    Then re-install the ZA.

    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

  9. #9
    johnhulse Guest

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files

    Sorry as in the past posts. I don't have or know the password and that is needed for doing anything to this progam...Johnplease review from the original posts and all the following posts.

  10. #10
    zaswing Guest

    Default Re: Unable to delete .rdb files

    If that STORE item in registry was cleared in safe mode already, can't you go into ZA, which might still ask for a password, change it to nothing, confirm, and then proceed with the uninstallation? or file deleting or whatever it is that's required. Or is it so mucked up at this point that nothing works?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •