Thread: Problem with Alerts & Logs

orangecat Guest

Default Problem with Alerts & Logs

Seems after a few problems installing 8.0.298.000 Zone Alarm I thought I was up and running but since this morning at 9:30am to now at 4:30pm Firewall Security shows the same amount of Inbound and Outbound numbers and when checking the Alerts & Logs there are no alerts or log entries which seems a bit hard to believe compared to what I previously saw in the logs with some entries every minute.. Under the Alerts & Logs - Alert Events is set to high (show all alerts), Event logging is "on" (enable) and program loggingis set on "high" (log all program alerts). Is this OK or should some settings be changed?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Problem with Alerts & Logs

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>OrangeCat wrote:
    Seems after a few problems installing 8.0.298.000 Zone Alarm I thought I was up and running but since this morning at 9:30am to now at 4:30pm Firewall Security shows the same amount of Inbound and Outbound numbers and when checking the Alerts &amp; Logs there are no alerts or log entries which seems a bit hard to believe compared to what I previously saw in the logs with some entries every minute.. Under the Alerts &amp; Logs - Alert Events is set to high (show all alerts), Event logging is "on" (enable) and program loggingis set on "high" (log all program alerts). Is this OK or should some settings be changed?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It sounds like your ZA Database may be corrupted.

ZA has incorparated a new way to Reset DataBase files so users don't need to go into Safe mode.

To repair this problem, please follow the steps below. Please note that
    this will remove your program permission settings (so you may want to make
    note of them), but re-establishing them is a simple process.

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together then

2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock in the system tray lower right corner
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

--------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.000
    Driver version:8.0.298.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:980709381
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200903.5565
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

orangecat Guest

Tried your suggestion George V, thank you for the reply. All went went well with the process but the problem still exists. The only difference is a lot of old program entries were cleared out (not a bad thing)and the Firewall Security number for Inbound remained the same but the Outbound number of secured programs dropped from 1527 to 35. Still am not getting any action in the Alert &amp; Logs section. Any other suggestions?

Tried your suggestion George V, thank you for the reply. All went went well with the process but the problem still exists. The only difference is a lot of old program entries were cleared out (not a bad thing)and the Firewall Security number for Inbound remained the same but the Outbound number of secured programs dropped from 1527 to 35. Still am not getting any action in the Alert &amp; Logs section. Any other suggestions?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank you for your feedback..I could make a few more suggestions, But I think the Best solution would be for you to Contact ZoneAlarm Tech Support Directly Free of charge..Please provode full details of your problem and anyo other Security Software you have installed that may be conflicting with zoneAlarm..ZA Tech support always answer, if you do not get an answer it may meanthat ISP or your E-mail system has junked the response,Check your Junkmail folder.Use Internet Explorer to submit thefull details of your problem and if you do not get an Auto-generated confirmation email .. Use a free e-mail like hotmail or Gmail as contact address You should receive an automatic confirmation response by ZA after 5-20 minutes with your ticket number.If you have not received it then your ISP has junked it or Bounced it back to Zonealarm...ZA technical support can be reached here: www.zonealarm.com/tsformPlease post back with your progress report..
    GeorgeV

orangecat Guest

Tried your suggestion of contacting ZA tech support. Quite a project to fill in form with data which I did and upon submitting was told there was an error and to go back to form which I did thinking I missed a letter/number in License key but since form was completely empty I didn't know what I did wrong so went ahead and filled in form again and hit submit and this time was told site was busy and to come back later which I did and filled in empty form for a third time and this time received this message &quot;INVALID TOKEN - The token contained in your request was invalid. This happens if you double click form button or repeat older requests.&quot; At this point I couldn't see straight anymore so gave up hope of ever getting through. Would like to get an answer but have no other ideas at the moment. Am 80 years old and not sure I can wait forever to resolve this problem.Do want to thank you, George V for your help.

Tried your suggestion of contacting ZA tech support. Quite a project to fill in form with data which I did and upon submitting was told there was an error and to go back to form which I did thinking I missed a letter/number in License key but since form was completely empty I didn't know what I did wrong so went ahead and filled in form again and hit submit and this time was told site was busy and to come back later which I did and filled in empty form for a third time and this time received this message "INVALID TOKEN - The token contained in your request was invalid. This happens if you double click form button or repeat older requests." At this point I couldn't see straight anymore so gave up hope of ever getting through. Would like to get an answer but have no other ideas at the moment. Am 80 years old and not sure I can wait forever to resolve this problem.Do want to thank you, George V for your help.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm Sorry to hear things did not go well for you.. ( I was born before the Baby boomers myself) 1.) the primary entries that need to be exactly correct are your Email address and confirmation Email address, and your License Key (Cut and paste works best)if there is a conflict or error on either of those three the submission will fail..2.) the Report Form works best using MS Internet Explorer.. and all entries with RED asteric need to be files in..It would help but not required that you add a comment's of details of your problem in the comment area at the end..and Click submit Only Once..====================================ZA Tech support always answer, if you do not get an answer it may meanthat ISP or your E-mail system has junked the response,Check your Junkmail folder.Use Internet Explorer to submit thefull details of your problem and if you do not get an Auto-generated confirmation email .. Use a free e-mail like hotmail or Gmail as contact address You should receive an automatic confirmation response by ZA after 5-20 minutes with your ticket number.If you have not received it then your ISP has junked it or Bounced it back to Zonealarm...ZA technical support can be reached here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    ==================But I understand if you don't want the agrevation of trying TS again..In that case maybe one of the many other Users on this Form may have a solution to offer..or possiblt the Customer Service Live Chat (Monday - Friday)ZoneAlarm Tech Support and Customer Service do notMonitor this Forum..There are two Seperate Web-links for those two services..Customer Service www.zonealarm.com/csform or www.zonealarm.com/support/ click on Live Chat IconZA Tech Support (Requires Valid ZA License Key) www.zonealarm.com/tsform
    GeorgeV

orangecat Guest

Again George V thanks for response. As far as the Report Form goes, as you had suggested before, I did use IE and know that my e-mail address was correct as that goes in twice and the License Key was also correct as I checked that twice and after the 2 failures did a print out of the form so if refused I could at least check for errors. All entries w/red asterisk were answered again verified by my print out. I don't believe any of the forms made it past the submit button hence no auto confirm was received though I did check my junk mail. Guess if I don't know what to do with myself tomorrow - will try to contact Live Chat. I do have a valid ZA License Key and I still have 2 years before that expires BUT at the rate I'm going, I'll expire before the license. Again, appreciate your input!

Thank you for your Feedback..please post back with your progress report..
    GeorgeV

chsfredrick Guest

I am having this same problem while trying to purchase software. I have an account (i created it after I had trouble the first time), I have all my information right and I am using IE

orangecat Guest

On 3/23 tried Live Chat and after going thru the whole problem - it was suggested I use the form I had used before to contact tech support or e-mail them. Since I had it with the form - I chose to send a e-mail to support@zonealarm.com which I did giving them every detail from the original download failure and the steps I had followed since.(Actually included all the info they request on the form but in my own format.) Was thrilled to see I got automated message and was assigned a case number - to date have not received anything else but at least I now feel I stand a chance of getting an answer. Will keep all those interested apprised of any info or solutions offered when &amp; if I receive them.

Thread Information