Thread: Licence Renewal ZoneAlarm SS - Same licence Key issued - Subscription Not Renewed!!

scruttock Guest

Default Licence Renewal ZoneAlarm SS - Same licence Key issued - Subscription Not Renewed!!

I am not a computer expert so please forgive my ignorant in advance.
    I purchased a new 1 year subscription today (March 27, 2009 3:13 AM pacific time) by Paypal.
    The licence key that I received is exactly the same as my existing (expired) one that I purchased over a year ago. I pasted this number into the licence key field as instructed and I got the response "Your license key was successfully installed"
    but my subscription has not been renewed/updated (i.e the license key subscription is still showing that it has expired ??)
    I didn't download a copy of ZoneAlarm SS as I already have latest version. I can't remember if I downloaded a new copy of ZA-SS last time I think I just pasted new licence number in and it renewed my subscription immediately. Please help.
    Regards,Scruttock

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Licence Renewal ZoneAlarm SS - Same licence Key issued - Subscription Not Renewed!!

Hi!yes, its normal. Wait some days, your ZASS will syncronise with ZA central regitration service and update your days.Regitration Key is updated remotely.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

scruttock Guest

Default Re: Licence Renewal ZoneAlarm SS - Same licence Key issued - Subscription Not Renewed!!

Thanks Fax. I am now re-assured. I still don't understand why I was issued with the same licence key though?
    Regards,
    Scruttock

Hi!yes, it is the way it works with recent keys (version 7 and 8). Life of Keys is determined by the central regitration servers.Probably they should be more clear in the communication where they sendthe license.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information