Thread: Can't Update ZoneAlarm Pro to the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (aka the vc90rt.msi Problem)

Hybrid View

pjebsen Guest

Default Can't Update ZoneAlarm Pro to the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (aka the vc90rt.msi Problem)

For many years now, I've been a happy ZoneAlarm Pro user. I did all my updates and paid my yearly fee. Everything worked fine - until February 2009.

Against better knowledge, I violated the "Never Mess With a Working System" rule when I tried to upgrade from ZoneAlarm Pro to the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.

I first tried to install ZASS over ZAP and received error messages like the following ones (they are in German - but maybe they make sense to some of you):

>> GLB4B.tmp - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden
    Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "CM_Get_DevNode_Status" wurde in der DLL "SETUPAPI.dll" nicht gefunden.

>> Die DLL-Bibliothek C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsutil.dll konnte nicht geladen werden. Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.

Again, this was in February. Until now, I didn't have time to do further research.

Today, I finally got around to read several messages in this forum's "Zone Alarm Installation" thread. I followed some of the recommendations.

Therefore, I ...

... unchecked "Load ZA... at startup" and rebooted the computer, in order to remove vsmon.exe/TrueVector from memory.

... used the ZoneAlarm removal tool (http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe) because a manual removal of ZA Pro didn't work.

... sucessfully deinstalled my previous anti-virus tool (Avira's free AntiVirus).

... tried to install the latest version of the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (found here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html).

When the installation process was 5% complete ...

>> Installing
    Copying ZoneAlarm pre-requisites:
    C:\...\LOKALE~1\Temp\040109222611\vc90rt.msi

... I received the following error messages:

>> GLB11.tmp - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden
    Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "CM_Get_DevNode_Status" wurde in der DLL "SETUPAPI.dll" nicht gefunden.

>> Error
    Could not load the DLL library
    C:\DOKUME~1\[user name]~1\LOKALE~1\Temp\040109222611\vsutil.dll.
    Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.

Any ideas how I can successfully the Security Suite I paid for?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Can't Update ZoneAlarm Pro to the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (aka the vc90rt.msi Problem)

Any chance you used a download manager or web accelerator to download the ZA installer?
    Either one will corrupt the ZA installer.
    Also is is still recommended to use the Internet Explorer 7 or 8 to download the ZA installer.

Download CCleaner, run it's file and registry cleaner, then reboot.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...ish_d4191.html

"Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "CM_Get_DevNode_Status" wurde in der DLL "SETUPAPI.dll" nicht gefunden.

and

Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden."

basically means file not found in English in the Temp folder for the starting of the installation, but also can mean in "windows speak" that the file was not found becuase the files were corrupted or damaged. Damaged or corrupted usually indicates a faulty download.

After getting another installer, attempt the installation of the ZA not in the regular or normal boot, but instead in the safe boot or safe mode.
    That may help with the situation ... and of course use again the cpes_clean.exe before doing the newer installation.

Also the official Technical Support (free by email) can help you with this problem:

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...pport-form.htm

Oldsod.

[You gave up on Avira?? I use the Avira with the ZA Pro for my security on the desktop - I would never give up my Avira... using the version 9 and finding it is smooth and effective.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

pjebsen Guest

Default Re: Can't Update ZoneAlarm Pro to the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (aka the vc90rt.msi Problem)

<blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    Any chance you used a download manager or web accelerator to download the ZA installer?
    </blockquote>
    No, I didn't.

<blockquote>Also is is still recommended to use the Internet Explorer 7 or 8 to download the ZA installer.
    </blockquote>
    I'm surprised to read that security-related software requires IE, of all browsers. ;-)

<blockquote>[You gave up on Avira?? I use the Avira with the ZA Pro for my security on the desktop - I would never give up my Avira... using the version 9 and finding it is smooth and effective. ]</blockquote>

Zone Alarm recommends removing any other security software.

<blockquote><hr>pjebsen wrote:
    <blockquote><hr>Oldsod wrote:
    </blockquote>
    No, I didn't.

<blockquote>Also is is still recommended to use the Internet Explorer 7 or 8 to download the ZA installer.
    </blockquote>
    I'm surprised to read that security-related software requires IE, of all browsers. ;-)

<blockquote>[You gave up on Avira?? I use the Avira with the ZA Pro for my security on the desktop - I would never give up my Avira... using the version 9 and finding it is smooth and effective. ]</blockquote>

Zone Alarm recommends removing any other security software.
    <hr></blockquote>

Okay is this fixed or did you figure something out?
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information