For many years now, I've been a happy ZoneAlarm Pro user. I did all my updates and paid my yearly fee. Everything worked fine - until February 2009.

Against better knowledge, I violated the "Never Mess With a Working System" rule when I tried to upgrade from ZoneAlarm Pro to the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite.

I first tried to install ZASS over ZAP and received error messages like the following ones (they are in German - but maybe they make sense to some of you):

>> GLB4B.tmp - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden
Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "CM_Get_DevNode_Status" wurde in der DLL "SETUPAPI.dll" nicht gefunden.

>> Die DLL-Bibliothek C:\WINDOWS\system32\vsutil.dll konnte nicht geladen werden. Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.

Again, this was in February. Until now, I didn't have time to do further research.

Today, I finally got around to read several messages in this forum's "Zone Alarm Installation" thread. I followed some of the recommendations.

Therefore, I ...

... unchecked "Load ZA... at startup" and rebooted the computer, in order to remove vsmon.exe/TrueVector from memory.

... used the ZoneAlarm removal tool (http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe) because a manual removal of ZA Pro didn't work.

... sucessfully deinstalled my previous anti-virus tool (Avira's free AntiVirus).

... tried to install the latest version of the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (found here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html).

When the installation process was 5% complete ...

>> Installing
Copying ZoneAlarm pre-requisites:
C:\...\LOKALE~1\Temp\040109222611\vc90rt.msi

... I received the following error messages:

>> GLB11.tmp - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden
Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "CM_Get_DevNode_Status" wurde in der DLL "SETUPAPI.dll" nicht gefunden.

>> Error
Could not load the DLL library
C:\DOKUME~1\[user name]~1\LOKALE~1\Temp\040109222611\vsutil.dll.
Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.

Any ideas how I can successfully the Security Suite I paid for?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:8.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite