Thread: ZAX Forcefield: ISWMGR.exe - This program is preventing your computer from restarting

srschacher Guest

Default ZAX Forcefield: ISWMGR.exe - This program is preventing your computer from restarting

Hi,
    I just upgraded from ZAISS to ZAX, and am having problems getting Forcefield to work.
    1. Opening a browser works fine. I get the Forcefield toolbar. When not maximized, the IE7 window has a halo around it.2. If I try to open a private browser or
    turn on virtualization, the browser starts and hangs. I have to reboot the computer.3. If I change a setting and get the message that ZA wants to close the browser, I let it and that hangs before the browser is closed.4. When rebooting, nothing happens. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get the main menu and choose shut down from there. That's when I get a screen that says that ISWMGR.exe is preventing my computer from shutting down. The system does shut down from here.
    So, I have seen other threads mentioning this Forcefield problem. I hope the problem is resolved soon. For me, I have reverted back to ZAISS.
    Steve

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

srschacher Guest

Default Re: ZAX Forcefield: ISWMGR.exe - This program is preventing your computer from restarting

I think I may have fixed my own problem.
    I reinstalled ZAX, then downloaded the free PC Tune-Up and fixed registry problems.
    Then I cleared the virtual data and tried to open a private browser. I didn't realized that opening it the FIRST TIME takes a long time while it creates the virtualization file system.
    It seems to be working fine now.
    Steve

Thread Information