Thread: Just about giving up on Zone Alarm

rlaycock Guest

Default Just about giving up on Zone Alarm

I have used Zone Alarm internet security suite for several years, up to version 7 had no problems at all. Since the release of version 8 I have had no end of problems. computer being extremely slow to shut down, not responding after removing USB drives etc. In the past I have always been able to get over the problem by removing zone alarm version 8 and reinstalling version 7. Today however, zone alarm notified me that there was a new update 80_298_000 which I downloaded and installed after doing a clean uninstall of version 7. I restarted the computer as instructed and the computer will not boot. Gets to the desk top and completly frezes, mouse will move but nothing else will work. I need to press the restart button. Fortunately with my past experience of version 8, I made a norton ghost image just before upgrading so I can restore my computer. I am afraid I will not be updating my subscription when it expires later this year. My computer is running up to date win xp and after restoring is back up and running with Version 7. Question is where would I be if i had no ghost image. I relise this is only a user forum but I cant find how to contact Zone Alarm support directly.
    Thanks to anyone who may be able to give any help
    Bob

Operating System:Windows XP Pro x64
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Just about giving up on Zone Alarm

Hi!ZA support can be reached here: www.zonealarm.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

rlaycock Guest

Thanks
    I have posted a message and hopefully get a reply. It is very disappointing that a product I had so much faith in is now a product I have NO confidence in
    Thanks again
    Bob

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information