Thread: Installing and running Zone Alarm Extreme Security

bb_again Guest

Default Installing and running Zone Alarm Extreme Security

Having recently purchased ZA Extreme Security I have tried several times to install it. I have a Dell Computer with 4gig of memory, running under Windows Vista 32 bit.

The installation appears to go very well...I do request during the installation that anti-virus not be turned on, as I use AVG Pro and am very happy with it. Other than that, the installation is vanilla. I restart the computer as instructed after the install is complete, and when it reboots ZAES comes up (showing that anti-virus is not turned on)...almost immediately however windows shoots in with this message: "Zone Alarm Force Field has stopped working. Click here to see if Windows can find a fix for the problem". I click "here", and get a windows (vista) message saying windows is searching for a fix. Then I again get the "Zone Alarm Force Field has stopped working...." message and this sequence repeats until I uninstall ZAES and reboot. Then everything is fine again.

I have tried to find Force Field to perhaps uninstall it, but no luck there.

Help!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Default Re: Installing and running Zone Alarm Extreme Security

Hi!boot only ZAX and Standard XP programs/process. 1.) Click Start ->
    2.) Type MSConfig in the search box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor and ForceField IswSvc, and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computerHow does it work?Generally is not a good idea having multiple overlapping security tools installed even if disabled. If you want to use AVG (that is actually not better than Kaspersky antivirus in ZA) then please remove ZAX and install only firewall solutions.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information