Thread: Installing ZAISS 8.0.298.000 & 8.0.298.035 success!

topbuzz Guest

Default Installing ZAISS 8.0.298.000 & 8.0.298.035 success!

I just like to post a successful full installation of both ZAISS (Zone Alarm Internet Security Suit) 8.0.298.000 & 8.0.298.035 on a Win XP Pro SP3 PC with no problems what so ever (and no speed decrease either & and the PC shuts down and reboots fine).

After a lot of problems posts about upgrading from v7.0.483.000 to v8.x I decided to stick with v7 for a long time. However today I installed ZAISS v8 for the first time.

PC set-up:-<ul>[*]<div class="MsoNormal">Win XP Pro SP3 and all updates installed and MS default firewall disabled.[*]<div class="MsoNormal">I have no other firewall or anti-virus s/w installed on the machine.[*]<div class="MsoNormal">I only have the 30 standard Win XP processes running on boot. I have no other s/w running in the back ground that I have installed. I do have Spybot Search &amp; Destroy but I don t have the TeaTimer running in the back ground.[/list]

Basically I uninstalled the current ZAISS and installed the new one from scratch.

To install ZAISS 8.0.298.000:-
    1. <div class="MsoNormal">Make restore point on PC just in case.
    2. <div class="MsoNormal">Disconnect PC from the internet
    3. <div class="MsoNormal">Shut down ZAISS
    4. <div class="MsoNormal">Uninstall ZAISS via CCleaner (I only use this because its quicker displaying the Apps)
    5. <div class="MsoNormal">Reboot PC
    6. <div class="MsoNormal">Install 8.0.298.000 and follow all on screen prompts, in other words accept all default settings
    7. <div class="MsoNormal">Reboot PC
    8. <div class="MsoNormal">ZAISS loads for the first time. All ok so far, leave PC on for a few minutes for it to settle down and then reboot
    9. <div class="MsoNormal">After reboot, switch on internet and download latest anti-virus &amp; spyware.
    10. <div class="MsoNormal">ZAISS 8.0.298.000 successfully installed with no hiccups or decrease in speed.

Installing 8.0.298.035 was the same but I noticed I couldn t download it from the ZA website. You can only download it with pressing the update button in ZAISS.

To install ZAISS 8.0.298.035:-
    1. <div class="MsoNormal">Download 8.0.298.035 file via the download button in ZAISS.
    2. <div class="MsoNormal">Make restore point on PC just in case.
    3. <div class="MsoNormal">Disconnect PC from the internet
    4. <div class="MsoNormal">Shut down ZAISS
    5. <div class="MsoNormal">Uninstall ZAISS via CCleaner (I only use this because its quicker displaying the Apps)
    6. <div class="MsoNormal">Reboot PC
    7. <div class="MsoNormal">Install 8.0.298.035 and follow all on screen prompts, in other words accept all default settings
    8. <div class="MsoNormal">Reboot PC
    9. <div class="MsoNormal">ZAISS loads for the first time. All ok so far, leave PC on for a few minutes for it to settle down and then reboot
    10. <div class="MsoNormal">After reboot, switch on internet and download latest anti-virus &amp; spyware.
    11. <div class="MsoNormal">ZAISS 8.0.298.035 successfully installed with no hiccups or decrease in speed.

Hope this helps anyone having problems with theirs.

Alan

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Installing ZAISS 8.0.298.000 & 8.0.298.035 success!

Hi!thank you for your feedback.... please note that normally you do not need to do this at all.If you have problems, yes... removing completely the previous version will ensure a smooth update to the latest version.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Installing ZAISS 8.0.298.000 & 8.0.298.035 success!

<HR> topbuzz wrote:

I just like to post a successful full installation of both ZAISS (Zone Alarm Internet Security Suit) 8.0.298.000 &amp; 8.0.298.035 on a Win XP Pro SP3 PC with no problems what so ever (and no speed decrease either &amp; and the PC shuts down and reboots fine).<HR>

Thank you for taking the time to give possitive Feedback..

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information