I tried installing IE8 with ZAES on and it did not work.So I tried to install IE8 with ZAES turned off. I unchecked the "Load ZA at startup" and rebooted.The ZA icon was gone but when I checked Windows Security panel it indicated my computer was protected by ZA firewall as well as AV/AS.I went ahead and tried to install IE8 anyway. It installed but
I received the error message that Internet Explorer was not responding.I attempted to open a browser again and the same error occured. I uninstalled IE8.
Now I want to uninstall ZAES, then install IE8, and then
reinstall ZAES.How may I uninstall ZAES if it is running in the backround?I left the "Load at startup" unchecked and rebooted several times and every time when I check the Windows Security panel it reportsmy computer is protected by ZoneAlarm firewall and AV/ASI do not understand why that preference in the overview panel is not working.

I installed ZAES with the default settings, Auto learn and Site Advisor on Auto. I changed the settings 2 or 3 days later.Also, I have program control set to Max and Site Advisor on Manual, I have Real Player set to ask on Server rights, but when I stream coasttocoastam, the player starts the streaming content and I am never asked to allow/deny it. When I put a red x in the server rights column, the player still streams . I even tried the "kill" circle with a red x in it, Real Player still streamed.
I have a Dell 1525 laptop, Vista home premium SP1 2G RAM
Any help or advise is much appreciated.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.298.035
TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
Driver version:8.0.298.035
Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982298313
Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5715
AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.130.0
ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0

Operating System:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Software Version:
Product Name:
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

Edited to add: I just tried to send a tech support ticket and both times after hitting "submit or send" I received an error message, apparently the tech support page is encountering problems.

Message Edited by sunztorm on 04-12-2009 08:00 PM