Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration pending?

manco Guest

Default Registration pending?

What happend here? I paid for this and it says i have 380 days left and my license key is installed Today i looked at my product info and noticed it said "registration pending" I think my name used to be there. When I push the change reg button my name and email address are in the window that pops up.

Could this have anything to do with that wmiprvse.exe false positive? I had that happen earlier today. I noticed the registration thing while looking at my anti-virus DAT file version. In another thread someone said they no longer get the false positive after updating to DAT version 982759718. Mine is 982761224. I have Zone Alarm Internet security suite 8.0.298.035

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

stupefy Guest

Default Re: Registration pending?

ZoneAlarm Forum Volunteer Community Help
    You Must Register ZoneAlarm
    To Register ZoneAlarm Navigate To:
    ZoneAlarm Interface/Overview/Preferences/Check for Updates/ -and then
    Click on the Button: Check For Update
    This Action Will Register ZoneAlarm

Hi!if you are on dial-up (connecting to internet only after boot) then its normal... it may take weeks before it will appear registered...Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

manco Guest

I have cable Internet. I've used Zone alarm since 2006 and have never had this problem before. It's been several weeks since I last did an install of windows and zone alarm. I did what the other poster suggested and that didn't work.

Hi!is the key correct? Sometime if the key is not correct it will not register.Do you have internet connection since booting or you have to launch any particular connecting application before been able to get online?ZA register at boot... if you don't have connection at boot then it takes a long time before you get registered.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-20-2009 02:34 PM

findley Guest

There is an additional suggestion for registration pending at this link:
    http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-3270492322527646340/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=registration%2bpending&a mp;sf=101113&sg=0&st=875517&documentid =347205&action=view

"If you continue to have problems, be sure that there are no entries for
    ZoneAlarm.com in your HOSTS file. Some "Internet accelerator" programs
    add entries to that file. For more information on how to find and edit that
    file, see your local Windows Help files."

Findley

manco Guest

The key is correct.

My computer connects automatically when Boots up. I've never had this happen before so why now?

Does this effect the functionality of Zone Alarm is my protection lowered at all? I'd really rather not have to go through uninstall/reinstall.

Hi!it may be an indication that your ZA is not really working correctly since it cannot connect to ZA central database.Unless it did it before... I would personally try to reinstalling with a clean procedure. First remove ZA as indicated here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html**keep note of your license and remember to remove the files mentioned at the end of the document.Dowload latest ZA:www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/and reinstallZA does not play nice with many other security tools. They may block its correct functioning including updates. For example, spyware doctor, spysweeper, trojan hunter, win patrol, PCtools Threat Fire, Mcafee, Norton, Symantec, Adaware, SpybotS&D, WinPatrol, AVG, NOD, Kaspersky, Rising, PC Doctorand manyothers. If you want to troubleshoot issues with ZA please remove these tools (not enough to disable) and install back (if you really need) only after you see your ZA is working as it should.Cheers,Fax

manco Guest

I went to download a copy of the latest Zone Alarm. The file is only 260kb. That can't be can right can it? I download ed 8.0.298.035.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Manco wrote:
    That can't be can right can it?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, it can.Just run it, its a downloader. Choose download only, choose location... once finished the download.... run it.Cheers,Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information