Thread: I updated ZA last week and not it will not run

gamalael Guest

Default I updated ZA last week and not it will not run

Hi:
    I clicked on an update last week, downloaded and ran an installer and now ZA is not working.It appears in the Date tray, but is unresponsive when I right or left click on it.When I hold the mouse over it, it says protection is up, yet any time I launch a program that used to produce a dialogue box warning, none now appear.I have tried to launch ZA from the start menu, but it is unresponsive.
    Every few minutes a dialogue box appears saying:Please stand by... ZoneAlarm is initializing. This window will close once ZoneAlarm initializes.
    I tried to uninstall but a message about True Vector not being uninstalled appears and the uninstall fails.
    How do I get it to work again???
    I am running Win XP pro2.99 GHz

Operating System:Windows XP Pro x64
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: I updated ZA last week and not it will not run

<blockquote><hr>gamalael wrote:
    Hi:
    I clicked on an update last week, downloaded and ran an installer and now ZA is not working.It appears in the Date tray, but is unresponsive when I right or left click on it.When I hold the mouse over it, it says protection is up, yet any time I launch a program that used to produce a dialogue box warning, none now appear.I have tried to launch ZA from the start menu, but it is unresponsive.
    Every few minutes a dialogue box appears saying:Please stand by... ZoneAlarm is initializing. This window will close once ZoneAlarm initializes.
    I tried to uninstall but a message about True Vector not being uninstalled appears and the uninstall fails.
    How do I get it to work again???
    I am running Win XP pro2.99 GHz

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro x64

Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,
    without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    1.) Is your WinXP Computer 64-Bit CPU with 32-Bit WinXP?or2.) WinXP 64-Bit version of windows..
    The Reason is that the WinXP version of ZoneAlarm for WInXP is Only Compatible with Windows 32-bit OS..
    There will not be a WinXP 64-Bit OS version of ZoneAlarm ..
    3.) It looks like your Have Corrupted your Installed ZA files..
    Download the Latest

installer:

(
    preferably with IE Browser
    and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire,BitTorrent
    )

ZAFree
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html
    2. On your current ZA, UNcheck &quot;Load ZA... at startup&quot; (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory
    4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe
    Save to desktop, right click and &quot;run as administrator&quot;
    This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:982869809
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5765
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information