Thread: Re: Error: Setup was unable to find the msi package or patch...

bravefeather Guest

Default Re: Error: Setup was unable to find the msi package or patch...

Question are you saying I should delete all my download files or just za's files. I cleaned out my history, cookies an temp files emptied the recycle bin. But nothing changed I have Vista on my computer. I also have IE8 as well as Firefox. I've been using Firefox to download programs. Last night I tried to use explorer but when the ZA box came up telling me about the update and I clicked on it Firefox opened. Is there a way to over ride Firefox so explorer will do the download. I thought the download might work through explorer. Thank you for the help. lee

Charles_B Guest

The "MSI" (MicroSoft Installer) error, means that the Downloaded " ZoneAlarm File " that you tried to install, was Incomplete or Corrupted during the Download.I would recommend deleting the downloaded file and clean out your Temp and Cashe files IE Temp files and Recycle Bin..

Don't use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA = and should not be used] during ZA Download

Make sure that IE is default web browser and not Firefox.

Message Edited by Charles_B on 04-24-2009 09:27 PM

prof_fate Guest

bravefeather Guest

I can't delete the download file as it doesn't download all the way. It downloads about ten minutes of it then quits.

Thread Information