Thread: ZA/VistaHP clash

littlevalley Guest

Default ZA/VistaHP clash

I've been using Zone Alarm ever since I first got a home internet connection; on my own XP Pro machine, and latterly on my wife's laptop running Vista Home Premium, with no problems on either machine. So I wasn't expecting difficulties when I loaded ZA Security Suite on my new machine, which also runs Vista HP. However, while I have been able to install the program, Vista won't let it run; instead, I get error messages telling me that Data Execution Protection has closed down Zone Alarm Client.

I'd welcome suggestions about what to do to resolve this.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZA/VistaHP clash - Acer

Is the new pc an 'Acer' brand? Click here if so > http://forum.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/...d=97524#M81743

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 04-25-2009 07:09 PM

littlevalley Guest

Default Re: ZA/VistaHP clash

Thank you, Naive Melody. Yes, the computer is indeed an Acer, but sadly the workarounds are not working for me! I've emailed Acer Support to see what they have to say, but I'm not optimistic that I'll be able to continue using ZA.

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: ZA/VistaHP clash- Acer

One user has mentioned you can 'update/ upgrade' the Acer files in question.Click here > http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...d=78955#M85186
    < this may work.

littlevalley Guest

Bingo!

Incidentally, when you consider that the Egis update was released on 30th June 2008 and according to the sticker on the side of my computer Acer built almost six months later, it doesn't say much for them!

naivemelody Guest

Blackjack!
    I'm assuming the update for Acer went well and you
    are now
    able to properly install and run ZA in your new Acer pc.
    With your upcoming confirmation, I will then add the 'Acer update' to the 'fix.'

littlevalley Guest

Yes, it installed perfectly and all is well.

I am expecting to discuss the issue of Acer's failure to install the most recent issue of Egis software with a senior person at Acer UK shortly. I'll report back!

Thread Information