Thread: I need ZA Free installers that run on XP SP1/SP2 and clean uninstall instructions for ZA pro 4.5

alflynn Guest

Default I need ZA Free installers that run on XP SP1/SP2 and clean uninstall instructions for ZA pro 4.5

Hi,

Now that I have my new laptop up and running, I am going to attempt a lot of upgrades on my previous one, (hopefully without having to refomatt my hard drive).

Any way here's what i am trying to do. It is on XP Home SP1, IE6, spyware stuff, ZA Pro 4.5.
    Uninstall IE6 and reinstall IE6 (it may be corrupted), Uninstall ZA Pro 4.5 (out of support) and Install ZA Free. Upgrade to XP Home SP2. Reinstall some of my spyware stuff.

Where do I get a ZA Free edition that will run on XP Home SP1? I will also need one that will run on XP Home SP2?

Where do i go to get these installers.

Where would I find (clean?) uninstall instructions for ZA Pro 4.5 (I assume a clean uninstall would be preferable.

Thanks in advance.

Alf

Versions of ZA on this laptop,
    not the desktop I will be upgrading
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:983206769
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5795
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

joe_kane Guest

Default Re: I need ZA Free installers that run on XP SP1/SP2 and clean uninstall instructions for ZA pro 4.5

As for uninstalling ZA 4.5 PRO, I just successfully did this over the week-end, using the recommended procedure here:

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=79013

Worked like a charm, pretty straight-forward.

Thread Information