Thread: Compatibility with Vista (64 bit)

stevexyz Guest

Default Compatibility with Vista (64 bit)

I just bought a new computer. The computer had Symantec pre-installed, but I'm a
    Zone Alarm user for about 8 years now, so I un-installed Symantec. I bought ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2009, and I tried to install it. However, it is not letting me install ZoneAlarm. I get an error saying that "Cannot install ZoneAlarm Security Suite 8.0.010.00 on this computer. This computer has 64 bit Operating System and ZoneAlarm Security Suite cannot install on this computer." I guess that ZA is not compatible with Vista 64 bit yet... and I'm stuck with this... and I'm most likely have to use Symantec...

AMD Phenom II X4 940 (3.0 GHz)
    8 GB DDR2 RAM
    Vista (64 bit) Home Premium
    cable modem connection to internet

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Compatibility with Vista (64 bit)

1.) <P class=headblack2><A id=8.0.298.000 name=8.0.298.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarmSecurity Suiteversion 8.0.298.000<UL class=body><LI>Vista 64-bit compatible <LI>Improved performance during computer startup, shutdown and operation <LI>Addressed specific stability and quality issues <LI>SmartDefense Advisor (automatic program configuration service) improved to provide more secure, quieter operation </LI>[/list]

2.) Did you use the Special "Norton_Removal Tool" available on Symantec.com, If not You may still have Remnants of Symantec that are conflicting with ZoneAlarmIf your having problem installing ZA Anti-Virus or ZA Security Suiteand have ever uninstalleda previous installation of Norton Systemworks or Norton AntiVirus, or Norton Security Suite 2008/2009 or Norton 360 or any McAfee Toolswhen you use ADD/Remove to Remove any of Symantec Norton utilities, especially their Norton Anti-Virus program, they still leave lots of traces behind after the "UNINSTALL"Fortunately SYMANTEC has a Fix for this problem on the Symantec web site called "NORTON REMOVAL TOOL" that does a better job of REMOVING ALL traces of Norton Symantec files..here is the Link to the Symantec Norton Removal Tool..http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ent&amp;seg=hmHere is the Link to the McAfee Removal Tool..http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe<H5>Affected Operating Systems: </H5><UL><LI>Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Home <LI>Microsoft Windows Vista </LI>[/list]

3.) also you may have a Bad or corrupted Download of ZoneAlarm..The simplest procedure is to :Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire,BitTorrent) (MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html4.) Download and Run the Symantec Temoval Tool, the Run the ZoneAlarm Removal Clean Uninstall to remove Remnants of your Failed install..Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeSave to desktop, right click and "run as administrator"This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions.
    (you can un-install without net connections)5.) Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAX issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. 6.) please post back with your progress Report..---------------------------------------

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.298.035
    TrueVector version:8.0.298.035
    Driver version:8.0.298.035
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:983447575
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200904.5805
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429-----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

stevexyz Guest

Thanks so much GeorgeV!!! I am back to using ZoneAlarm! I followed your instructions and all went well and smooth! I feel so much better now that I am with ZoneAlarm again. Thanks for the help!

Stevexyz

===================================
    HP Pavilion Elite m9500z
    AMD Phenom II X4 940 (3.0 GHz)
    8 GB DDR2 - 800 MHz
    1 GB ATI Radeon HD 4850

Thank you for your progress report..I'm glad things worked out for you..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information