Thread: Re: Unwelcome language for the installation, and after - please do let us choice

naruki Guest

Default Re: Unwelcome language for the installation, and after - please do let us choice

I use a Japanese Windows XP computer, with the locale set to Japanese, not English.

However, I cannot read Japanese, so I always use English programs where possible.

I cannot change my system locale, because it is required for most of the things I do. So it is necessary for ZoneAlarm to accommodate this by providing a command line option or a menu option or some other way of setting my preference for ZoneAlarm that overrides the system locale.

Sooooooo many localized programs fail in this very important way. It's quite frustrating.

Default Re: Unwelcome language for the installation, and after - please do let us choice

<blockquote><hr>Naruki wrote:
    I use a Japanese Windows XP computer, with the locale set to Japanese, not English.

However, I cannot read Japanese, so I always use English programs where possible.

I cannot change my system locale, because it is required for most of the things I do. So it is necessary for ZoneAlarm to accommodate this by providing a command line option or a menu option or some other way of setting my preference for ZoneAlarm that overrides the system locale.

Sooooooo many localized programs fail in this very important way. It's quite frustrating.
    <hr></blockquote>

Please send this suggestion to the Zone Alarm Cistomer Support!
    And make your voice be heard at the right place, not here with us fellow Zone Alarm users who do not count for anything.

I very much agree the choice of language or localization should definitely be included in the Zone Alarm installer when installing.
    Many other software vendors have incorporated this option into their installers years ago and this is one area where Zone Alarm must do some catching up to the 21th century and realise to act upon this issue quickly.

Customer support is reached here and place your suggestion to ZoneLabs directly.

Oldsod.

Message Edited by Oldsod on 05-14-2009 12:18 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information