Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to start or uninstall ZA Pro 6 after Windows Update 15 July 2009

bwavin Guest

Default Unable to start or uninstall ZA Pro 6 after Windows Update 15 July 2009

A friends computer (XP Home SP2) would not access the internet after Windows Update, when ZAPro (ver 6) started it would complain a lack of Root Certificates. I had to disable the ZA service and zlclient.exe in msconfig to enable internet access again. There are no available root certificate updates on Windows Update.

Attempting to uninstall ZAPro brings up the same error messages about possible lack of Root Certificates.

Attempting the same from Safe Mode brings up the same error messages.

How do I solve this or ultimately get rid of ZAPro in such a case?

Thanking you
    Barry

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:6.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Unable to start or uninstall ZA Pro 6 after Windows Update 15 July 2009

Hi!have you cheched the ZA KB?See for example,here:I cannot find or run the ZoneAlarm uninstall program (XP/2000) Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bwavin Guest

Default Re: Unable to start or uninstall ZA Pro 6 after Windows Update 15 July 2009

OK thanks, I was hoping to find a way of "fixing" it without uninstalling but uninstall is probably the better solution anyway.

thanks again
    Barry

You're welcome!It is strange that you are still able to use version 6. It is not compatible anymore with current XP.Unless you have an outdated/unpatched XP.... Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

bwavin Guest

Indeed thats what I thought when I looked at it (its a friends computer) but I removed it according to the instructions and installed the free version 8 ok.

thanks
    Barry

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..Here is my Two cents worth..ZoneAlarm 7.0 for XP was designed to work with SP2,ZoneAlarm 8.0 for XP was designed to work Best with SP3However ZoneAlarm 8.0 will install on WinXP Sp2.. (you may experience compatibility problems)There are numerous Security Leaks found in WinXP SP2 that were found and Fixed with SP3..

<B class=headblack2>System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Products:[/B]Vista (32-bit): <UL><LI>Pentium III 800 MHz or higher <LI>Minimum system RAM: 512 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]Windows XP Operating System: <UL><LI>Pentium III 450 MHz or higher <LI>XP Service Packs 2 and 3 <LI>Minimum system RAM: 128 MB <LI>50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.</LI>[/list]NOTICE: No Security Software run on WinXP Sp2 can protect you from the Windows Security Flaws found in Windows SP2that were Fix with Windows SP3, until you upgrade to SP3....
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Charles_B Guest

Hi GeorgeV

You mention the following :

System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Products:
    Vista (32-bit):

* Pentium III 800 MHz or higher
    * Minimum system RAM: 512 MB
    * 50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.

Windows XP Operating System:

* Pentium III 450 MHz or higher
    * XP Service Packs 2 and 3
    * Minimum system RAM: 128 MB
    * 50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access.

My question is what version does this System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Products apply to.

Are the following System Requirements for ZoneAlarm Products current at this link :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...m-products.htm

If not, please advice.

Have a nice Day

You are Correct..Thanks for pointing that change out to me..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Charles_B Guest

You bet GeorgeV

Some heat wave we're having here in Texas, 100 + temps and that's here on the Gulf Coast.

Have a nice Day

soozusa Guest

Heck... I'm still running ZAPro 5.5.094.00 on fully patched XP3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information