Thread: Upgrade 8.0.400.020 install all goofed up.

power_man Guest

Default Upgrade 8.0.400.020 install all goofed up.

I got my notice of an upgrade for my ZAPro v8 so I did it. Went to install and it aborted. Tried again and it gives me the True Vector is on error. I have stopped True vector in Services, in start up. I check it and it has stopped. Yet XP w/SP3 still says ZA is running. I run my REG cleaner and still have the same problem.
    The installer turned off ZA. It is not in the tray, not in my programs, and not in Add/delete programs. So it is not running and I can't start it from the file folder, yet I can't clear the error that True Vector is running.
    So what do I do???

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Upgrade 8.0.400.020 install all goofed up.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>power_man wrote:
    I got my notice of an upgrade for my ZAPro v8 so I did it. Went to install and it aborted. Tried again and it gives me the True Vector is on error. I have stopped True vector in Services, in start up. I check it and it has stopped. Yet XP w/SP3 still says ZA is running. I run my REG cleaner and still have the same problem.The installer turned off ZA. It is not in the tray, not in my programs, and not in Add/delete programs. So it is not running and I can't start it from the file folder, yet I can't clear the error that True Vector is running.So what do I do???

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Your Install got Corrupted and Some remnants of ZoneAlarm pro are still active and preventing a Re-install..You need to do a Full Clean Uninstall then download a clean fresh copy and try again..Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) (MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html
    2.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-Check "Load Zone Alarm on Startup"
    3.) Reboot Computer to Remove Zone Alarm drivers from Memory..
    4.) Temporarily shut down any other AV/AS Security programs that May Conflict with ZA Install

5..) Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean (add a space and then the /clean)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    - Reboot

Now Start again in the Safe mode and delete these files in the Windows Directory:

WINDOWS\ Internet Logs

Program Files\Zone Labs

WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs

Now Reboot

Using something like this Freeware CCleaner &lt;--- http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
    , will help do the cleanup as well on both the Hard drive and the Registry .

Now Re-install the ZAP program now.
    Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..<HR>

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. --------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:986226117
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6065
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security