Thread: I want my computer back

finkstarr Guest

Default I want my computer back

I have a dream.
    I dream I can turn my computer on and not have to wait 15min for useable control to be returned to me, the user.
    Gone are the days when I could 'just' check for an email or 'just' google something or 'just' look up that phone number.
    'Just'
    is a relative term now. It means 'just' wait for that scan to finish, 'just' wait for that update to finish, 'just' wait for two copies of scanningprocess to return control of critical resources back to me.. simple things like my processor and my RAM....
    I want my read/write indicator to flash, or better still to be off... not blazing, full on, all the time.
    I want my computer back
    I'm not an *****, I have a university degree. I simply do not understand firewall and antivirus issues. So, I'm at the mercy of vendors and to a certain degree to their marketing. But I do homework, I check feedback, I ask around, I choose reliable vendors. I still lose control of my computer.
    I want my computer back.
    I want my computer to serve me, to do what I want it to do to make my life simpler. I do not want to serve my computer.
    The geeky stuff:
    Microsoft Windows XPHome EditionVersion 2002Service Pack 3
    Toshiba Satellite M100Genuine Intel CPUT2050 @ 1.6GHz1.60 GHz, 504 MB of RAM
    ZoneAlarm
    Security Suite version 8.0.298.035

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Charles_B Guest

Default Re: I want my computer back

Some users using Toshiba Satellite have had issues using ZoneAlarm.

May I suggest you try looking for your issue using the Search red button.Type " Toshiba Satellite " in Search
    or any other issue you might have.

How to : Using Search & Advanced Search Mode at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=20162

ZoneAlarm Software System Requirements at this link :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...m-products.htm

I have no other suggestion other than this to resolve your issue.

ZoneAlarm staff does not monitor this board. We are all users here.

If you have a valid license you can can contact free of charge ZoneAlarm Technical Support and Customer Service at :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Technical Support Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm PST

Customer Service Live Chat
    Available Mon-Fri 5am-7:45pm PST
    Available Sat-Sun 6am-6pm PST

Good Luck

Message Edited by Charles_B on 06-08-2009 11:15 PM

bwavin Guest

I would up the RAM to 1Gb, ideally 2Gb if you can, I'm sure that will make a big difference
    Barry

forum_moderator Guest

Yes I agree the ram is too low. That's probably the main issue here.Tons of disk swapping happening because of low memory.It may not fix all your issues. There is going to be some slowness when you run a suite. But it should help out if you went to at least 1MB of memory.Forum Moderator

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 06-09-2009 10:09 AM

zaswing Guest

C'mon guys, get real! Toshiba vs ZA?????????

I've ran every version of ZA since 5 on a Toshiba box with 512 RAM. CPU never went above 1% with any ZA version running. Some time ago I got me 1gig. Waste of money. The comp just sits there empty. Ok, so this computer didn't see v8, but the next one did...

On another computer, with 392meg I've ran every version of ZA except the suite, with no issues other than slowness of update. The minute or so delay at the bootup time waiting for ZA to do its thing I found tolerable.

I think the key issue in the original question has to do with when things happen and seem to be releated to initial steps such as updates and scans. If the connections with the update servers were slightly better it might help.

Message Edited by zaswing on 06-17-2009 11:00 PM

Thread Information