Thread: ZAISS V8.0.400.020 Upgrade with Missing Shared DLL Registry Scan Errors

socalsamurai Guest

Default ZAISS V8.0.400.020 Upgrade with Missing Shared DLL Registry Scan Errors

I upgraded to ZAISS V8.0.400.020 yesterday. So far almost all functions seem to be working A.O.K., however, I'm constantly getting Missing Shared DLL errors (problems?) with CCleaner registry scans as follows (also, ditto with Advanced SystemCare Free registry scans);
    CCleaner V2.20.920:
    Missing Shared DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafeif.dll

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sha redDlls
    Missing Shared DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vetredir.dll

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Sha redDlls
    For installation, I opted for Upgrade instead of Clean Install so that I could keep my custom settings. Also, maybe I shouldn't have done it, but I did enable Windows Firewall during the initial install process. My questions are; 1) Are these known errors with V8.0.400.020? 2) If yes, can I safely live with these errors? 3) If no, is a clean reinstall necessary?
    Interestingly enough, CCleaner and ASC Free registry scans no longer detect known "DefaultIcon" registry error. I must presume ZA finally resolved it.
    I welcome any feedback and inputs from gurus and other users who might've already upgraded to the latest ZA release. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks and Regards,

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZAISS V8.0.400.020 Upgrade with Missing Shared DLL Registry Scan Errors

Hi!yes, I see the same. Its just a glitch of the installer. Installing old version 6 references.To be able to clean you need to shutdown ZA otherwise ZA antitampering defense will prevent the change.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

socalsamurai Guest

Default Re: ZAISS V8.0.400.020 Upgrade with Missing Shared DLL Registry Scan Errors

Hi fax,
    Many thanks for your quick reply. I was just reading previous threads on this particular issue. It's difficult to figure out how the old codes from ZA V6.0 get into the new code, but by your comment, I presume we can live with these registry errors until they get resolved in a later ZA release. Thanks again.
    Kanpai,

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>SoCalSamurai wrote:
    I presume we can live with these registry errors
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You can simply ignoreor correct them. For the latter case you will need to shutdown ZA before.In both cases it should not have any side effect since these entries are simply not used.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-09-2009 09:37 PM

Charles_B Guest

Fax wrote :

You can simply ignore or correct them. For the latter case you will need to shutdown ZA before.
    In both cases it should not have any side effect since these entries are simply not used.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Charles_B wrote

Guess I will ignore.I shutdown, but CCleaner (current) still picks it up.Even disconnect router and
    modem untick Load ZoneAlarm Security Suite at startup.Reboot and ran CCleaner.CCleaner
    still pickup error.

Thanks

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:986316806
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200906.6075
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429

Hi!yes sorry, I should have been more detailed in the steps to follow. :8}1. Boot your system in SAFE MODE2. Run ccleaner and fix all registry issues (always make a backup for security)3. Boot in normal mode4. Done!Cheers,Fax

Charles_B Guest

Done

Thank you.

An Old Sky Soldier

You're welcome! :8}Fax

Thread Information