Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When ZA Internet Security Suite trial ends, does it revert to Free basic ZA?

malkajef Guest

Default When ZA Internet Security Suite trial ends, does it revert to Free basic ZA?

Last time I updated my ZA free, it installed the ZA Internet Security Suite trial.

What happens when the ZA Internet Security Suite trial ends? Does it then revert to Free basic ZA or do I have to do something else?

Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

malkajef Guest

Default Re: When ZA Internet Security Suite trial ends, does it revert to Free basic ZA?

Nobody knows, or nobody wishes to tell?

Default Re: When ZA Internet Security Suite trial ends, does it revert to Free basic ZA?

Hi!probably nobody knows, have you checked directly with ZA? There is a live chat available (link in my signature)Ppst back here the response for the benefit of other users in your same situation.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-13-2009 11:55 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

malkajef Guest

Thanks. Will do.

Does the basic ZA free still exist or is it time to move to another firewall? I cannot seem to find a download site for it.

malkajef Guest

My trial period just expired yesterday. No indication of what happens next or what the status is.

I had anyway turned off the AV part because I have another AV product.

Chat is unavailable now. Will try later but I suspect there will be no support about Free ZA.

Uuuhm, if it just expired no need to know what will happen... you will know soon Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-13-2009 01:18 PM

malkajef Guest

It expired yesterday. Today, a window popped up with three boxed options:

Buy Now.
    Last Chance! Special savings for ZonaAlarm trial users.
    Get it Free.
    Learn how to get ZoneAlarm Free for 1 year.
    Remind me Later
    Caution your PC is unprotected.

The second option takes you to
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...on=8.0.298.035

which is a "trial Pay Option".

Looks like "ZA Free" is no longer an option and I cannot find it to download on ZoneAlarm's website.

I guess it is back to XP's firewall till I install that "other" free firewall.

malkajef Guest

Additional information:

I discovered you cannot close the ZA popup window (X does not work) until you select one of the boxes. When you click on "Remind me later", ZA's icon disappears from the taskbar and Windows Security Center tells me I have no firewall.

So I activated XP's firewall.

I guess no more ZA free.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>malkajef wrote:
    I guess no more ZA free.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, choose another free firewall or remove the trial and download the free version, here:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlCheers,Fax

malkajef Guest

<blockquote><hr>fax wrote:

<blockquote>

<hr>
    malkajef wrote:
    I guess no more ZA free.

<hr>
    </blockquote>Yes, choose another free firewall or remove the trial and download the free version, here:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

Cheers,
    Fax
    <hr></blockquote>

Thanks. I could not find the download site for the free version.

Is it necessary to uninstall remove the trial version before installing the free version? Won't I then lose all my settings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information