Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm product management wants to hear from YOU!

za_product_mgt Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm product management wants to hear from YOU!

The inability to install is very disappointing and I'm sorry to hear it. I can say, at least, that fixing installation and upgrade issues is top priority in our current development. What you are describing typically happens if there are remnants of another antivirus program on your computer, but I assume you've already tried removing third party security/antivirus programs.

za_product_mgt Guest

Default Re: longtime zass user...

Longtime zass user, it's good to hear from you.
    Can you tell me which of the individual ZA components you MOST value (you could name a few)?Thanks for the feedback about ForceField. The ZA Internet Security Suite does not include ForceField, though Extreme Security does. You said you want a small, unbloated footprint. Would you say you have that now, or are you saying that the footprint you have is too much?
    thanks

za_product_mgt Guest

Default Re: ZA 8.0.059.000 blocks Eclipse 3.3, have to disable ZA to start Eclipse, then turn on again

Thanks for letting us know about ZA and Eclipse conflicting. ZA is compatible with the latest version of Eclipse, but not older ones, unfortunately.

za_product_mgt Guest

Default Re: ZA 8.0.059.000 blocks Eclipse 3.3, have to disable ZA to start Eclipse, then turn on again

This just in -- from another customer who had trouble with Eclipse 3.3 and ZA:
    "I ultimately resolved the issue by upgrading to Eclipse 3.4.2 (I had been trying to avoid the potential pain of changing my development environment). ZA can now apparently coexist with this clean install of Eclipse. I'm guessing I could have reinstalled 3.3 with a clean plugin setup and it probably would have worked, too."

skuldoctor Guest

The continued
    word on the street is that Zone Alarm has a very good firewall but
    poor AV/anti-spyware detection with slooow scanning.
    Having used it off and on since the 6.x days, this remains true to today
    for the most part.

Horrible recent experience with updating AV from 7.x to 8. anything
    (XP C:\\Windows\system32\ZoneLabs\avsys\bases\adblock. txt could not be opened) and Internet Security Suite from 8.00 to 8.04 (demands Vista SP1, which seems to be blocked! or says I do not have permission to access).

I'm in mid subscription so I don't want to switch vendors,
    but I am averse to trying eXtreme
    because of this.
    Never had problems before-what gives??

doodles Guest

Apparently the Kaspersky AV in ZAISS creates a very large file, fidbox.dat, on the hard drive that is very fragmented and can grow to several GB. Can Kaspersky re-engineer this poor design?

tafugate Guest

Default Re: longtime zass user...

this is great! i didn't expect individual responses.

i like the way the za internet security suite's interface integrates the inbound/outbound firewall, antivirus, and antispam. it was agnitum's **bleep** (funny. ya can't type 'o u t p o s t'? somebody needs to take a look at the censor bot) security suite pro i almost purchased last september (rather than kaspersky), but they had a poor antispam solution.

zass' footprint is exactly right for me the way it is. it does slow down boot up a tad, but i typically turn the pc on, and go off to poor (edit: oops, i meant 'pour'. i type too fast) a cup of coffee. pc is ready to roll when i get back to it (fascinates me how some people will sit and watch a pc boot). zass' learning feature does a great job of configuring the programs i use and websites i visit. occasionally, i'll have to tweak something, but i'm so familiar with the zass interface, i accomplish what i need to do as an afterthought.

my concern about footprint comes from the recent betas for extreme security. it seems development is centered on zaxs, and zass releases come out as a result of the zaxs' betas. almost like zass could be phased out. i've tried several of the zaxs betas, but i've ended up turning off features to get it back down to zass level.

thanks very much for listening. much appreciated.

<blockquote><hr>ZA_Product_Mgt wrote:
    Longtime zass user, it's good to hear from you.
    Can you tell me which of the individual ZA components you MOST value (you could name a few)?Thanks for the feedback about ForceField. The ZA Internet Security Suite does not include ForceField, though Extreme Security does. You said you want a small, unbloated footprint. Would you say you have that now, or are you saying that the footprint you have is too much?
    thanks
    <hr></blockquote>

Message Edited by tafugate on 06-20-2009 07:18 AM

jojalo Guest

The free firewall is just a bait and switch scheme. The links that supposedly take the user to downloading it only offer trials of not-free software. Why
    would anyone
    buy security software from a dishonest company? See the &quot;fee firewall bait and switch&quot; discussion in the General forum.

spurkza Guest

Thanks for the opportunity to provide this feedback.

As a ZAISS v8 user
    - Under Program Control -&gt; Programs, anytime I install a number of new programs, I find I need to go through the list to manually remove setup program entries and confirm firewall Sever Access is not given to programs unnecessarily which is sometimes done by ZA by default.
    - Anytime I download a long audio program, for it to successfully play whether with QuickTime, etc., I must go to Privacy, and temporarily set Cookie Control and Ad Blocking to off until the download is complete.
    - I see On Access scanning in ZA for viruses, but not for spyware, leaving me to less trust ZA for spyware blocking. I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor w/o Antivirus to have this covered.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>spurkza wrote:
    Thanks for the opportunity to provide this feedback.

As a ZAISS v8 user
    - Under Program Control -&gt; Programs, anytime I install a number of new programs, I find I need to go through the list to manually remove setup program entries and confirm firewall Sever Access is not given to programs unnecessarily which is sometimes done by ZA by default.
    - Anytime I download a long audio program, for it to successfully play whether with QuickTime, etc., I must go to Privacy, and temporarily set Cookie Control and Ad Blocking to off until the download is complete.
    - I see On Access scanning in ZA for viruses, but not for spyware, leaving me to less trust ZA for spyware blocking. I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor w/o Antivirus to have this covered.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your feedback,I've read several of your Comments in your Trend in the ForceField section..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=1763IMHO, part of you problem with ZA Security Suite is the Conflict cause when Installing too many Conflicting Security programs on the same Computer as Advided by Guru Fax..NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXSdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. A few Anti-Spyware Program can cause Conflict with ZASS because they may also include Mini-Firewall features, or other conflicting features.

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 06-21-2009 07:39 AM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information