Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ZoneAlarm product management wants to hear from YOU!

richocki Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm product management wants to hear from YOU!

I have used ZA in the past but about a month ago I updated to SP3 and was not able to connect to the Internet as long as ZA was installed. I have in the last two days tried again to install ZA but when I do I loss connectivity.
    IE diagnostic shows .....
    WinSock Diagnostic
    WinSock status

info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2
    error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed.
    info Redirecting user to support call

Network Adapter Diagnostic
    Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
    Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
    info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
    info Network connection: Name=Copy of SBC DSL Connection, Device=WAN Miniport (PPPOE), MediaType=PPPOE, SubMediaType=NONE
    info Network connection: Name=SBC DSL Connection, Device=WAN Miniport (PPPOE), MediaType=PPPOE, SubMediaType=NONE
    info Network connection: Name=Internet Connection, Device=Internet Connection, MediaType=SHARED ACCESS HOST LAN, SubMediaType=NONE
    info Ethernet connection selected
    Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn FTP (Passive): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.hotmail.com: A connection with the server could not be established
    warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.

Why can't ZA correct this problem?

Hi!have you contacted support? Link in my signature.Also any version prior to latest ZA version 7 and8 may benot compatible with XP SP3 (loss of connection unless Internet Zone is set to MEDIUM).Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 06-28-2009 08:59 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

dsurkin Guest

ZoneAlarm has quarantined Finale 2010 and Finale Uninstaller; I cannot access the programs. Another user has the identical problem (see the thread in the anti-virus forum). These are apparently false positives.

There appears to be no way for me to contact technical support, other than paying $50. I do not believe I should have to pay a third-party support company to deal with a program bug.

I am upset that ZoneAlarm has disabled my software. I am frustrated that there appears to be no way to contact technical support (live chat during business hours will not work for me, because I use ZoneAlarm on my home machine, and during business hours I am at my office).

Now that ZA product management has solicited my opinion, I shall close by saying "your long-time paying customer wants to hear from YOU!" Thank you for your attention to this matter.

--Dean L. Surkin

za_product_mgt Guest

Dean, sorry to hear about the false positive detection, and thanks for speaking up. The technique for dealing with this is
    in the ZoneAlarm help, but needs to be presented more comprehensively:<div class="pSmartList1">[*]Select Anti-virus / Anti-spyware, then click Advanced Options[*]Under Virus Management, select Automatic Treatment.[*]Click Alert me - do not treat automatically.[*]In same window, under Virus Management, click Exceptions.[*]Click Add file... and select your safe program that you do not want to be picked up in a virus scan.<ul>[/list][/list][*]Click OK to leave the window.[*]Select Anti-virus / Anti-spyware &gt; Quarantine.[*]Select your item in Quarantine and click the Restore button.

Send names of programs that are being detected &quot;false positively&quot; to spywarefeedback@checkpoint.com<ul>[/list][/list]

za_product_mgt Guest

One thing to add though -- once you get ZA to stop quarantining your safe app, we recommend you return the Automatic Treatment Setting to &quot;Try to repair - quarantine if repair fails.&quot;

za_product_mgt Guest

Yes, this definitely needs support troubleshooting (free online chat at www.zonealarm.com/chat), and to make sure you are running
    the right versions and OS, per system requirements, and not running another antivirus program, which
    is likely to conflict with ZoneAlarm.
    System requirements-- check the Readme in your Start &gt; ZoneAlarm menu.
    If you look at the knowledgebase article &quot;I'm having trouble with my Internet connection while ZA is running &quot; you might also get some ideas, but tech support is best.

za_product_mgt Guest

Yes, we have been working on this issue with Kaspersky and it is scheduled to be fixed in the next release.

forum_moderator Guest

Do not Hijack threads. Your message was moved to an appropriate area.

echarito Guest

Since installation (one week ago), MS Outlook has been hanging up. MS Outlook works normally for a period of time. Typically after coming out of the 'sleep' mode, Outlook goes into Not Responding. I can force the app to close but it will not launch until a reboot. To reboot after an Outlook freeze, I have to use the 5 second power button method to shutdown (computer will freeze at &quot;logging out&quot. Overall computer performance is down a little. This is disappointing... McAfee **bleep**ed a lot of resource and thought this product would be better (I used previous Zone Labs product with great success). I lost the ability to print through my home network (but I believe this is merely a setting issue with the firewall).

Computer is HP laptop. Windows Vista Home Premium.

forum_moderator Guest

Default Thank you for your input!

ZoneAlarm product management thanks everyone who gave us suggestions and information.This completes this round of data collection.We will from time to time ask other sets of questions.Best regards,Forum Moderator

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 07-14-2009 09:56 AM

Message Edited by Forum-Moderator on 07-14-2009 10:01 AM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information