Thread: Still problems with shutdown!!!

lore Guest

Default Still problems with shutdown!!!

After countless problems all relating to the shutdown with 8.0.298.035, I hoped for a new update that solve the problem.
    But when I found that the problem still exists with 8.0.400.020, exhausted!!!, I tried to reinstall everything from the beginning and only the essential!
    Only the operating system (Windows XP and updates), the program office (Office XP SBE and updates), the essential driver (video card, sound card, mouse), Adobe Reader and ZASS 8.0.400.020.
    The problem persists and insists! PD!
    I have a license for two years! I have to go on like this?
    Any suggestion is welcome!

Also tell me someone knows the email address of support? I do not know English and I can not answer (decently) online.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

forum_moderator Guest

Default Re: Still problems with shutdown!!!

Hello,Can you tell us what problem are you speaking of and the exact specs of your PC and OS. There are no known bugs with shutdown in the current version nor were there any in the previous version either.Shut down issue are system specific and not wide spread bugs. If you actually did what you said as far as a clean system then I can only assume that if you installed the OS from a CD or recovery partition provided by the computer manufacturer (dell, gateway, lenovo, HP, compac, etc...) Then that install of the OS is not as clean as you think it is. The PC manufacturer installed utilities or programs that come as a default install from the factory. Its probably one of these applications that's causing your issue with shut down, what ever that issue might be.Unfortunately we don't have a direct email address for support. We offer live chat support during the hours indicated on the website. When live chat is not available then you can leave a message. The website messaging changes when chat is not available. BUT it could take 3-4 days to get a response and could take 3-4 back and forth emails that could take 3-4 days each so its better to just use live chat. Your going to have to type a message in English either way so its ok if your English is not perfect we can still help in live chat and a lot faster than emails.Forum Moderator

lore Guest

Thanks for the quick response.

You are right! I have not clearly explained my problem. Problem concerning the shutdown of the computer after the upgrade to ZA, and not the shutdown of ZA.

My problems are started with the update 8.0.298.035 (a alert window suggested me to I install this important update): the pc does not shutdown more!

Until this update of ZA everything was running smoothly; NO problem with earlier versions.

I hoped that the new update (8.0.400.020) solve the problem, but was not so! The pc still does not shutdown. The difference now is that not always happens, but often, eg if I try to install some program, or if the mail download (Outlook 2002) goes into error (often); to avoid this I have to close ZoneAlarm Security Suite before to shutdown the pc.

Then I tried to reinstall everything from the beginning and only the essential.

Only the operating system (Windows XP Home edition and updates), the program office (Office XP SBE and updates), the essential driver (video card, sound card, mouse), Adobe Reader and ZASS 8.0.400.020.

On the cleanliness of the reinstallation, I want to reiterate that until the update 8.0.298.004 of ZA everything was running smoothly, and I had NO problem with earlier versions. My problems are started with the update 8.0.298.035. I tried to reinstall an earlier version of ZoneAlarm Security Suite and everything works perfectly! But are versions in need of major updates.

I hope I have been pretty clear about my problem, and I apologize for my English, was written with Google translate.

Many thanks!

Windows XP Home edition SP3 and updates (with the mentioned programs) on:

Pentium 4 3.06 Ghz 2 GB ram video card Nvidia Geforce 7800GS sound card Creative Audigy 2 HD WD Raptor x router adsl Linksys

volkmar Guest

I can second that! I have EXACTLY the same problems with the German ZASS version. It was discussed months ago, when .035 came out, it was ignored the same way (there are no known problems - haa!).
    Windows XP, SP3, Standard Dell PC,
    More symptoms: ZASS displays the 'Protection is up, UI is initialized' bubble message above the icon.

Message Edited by Volkmar on 07-11-2009 11:17 AM

Thread Information