Tried to update ZA on my husbands computer. I installed it and it said it needed to reboot and I left to eat dinner. When I got back, ZA icon was missing from the taskbar and the program was missing from Programs Start menu. I looked in the Program Files to see if I could find the ZA icon and it's not there either.

I attempted to reinstall the program again using the updated program I had just downloaded, again. This time it caused the computer to crash. So I went and found my original installation disk (pretty old) and tried to install from that.

Using that it gave me the msg that my validation failed.

1) I tried to uninstall it from Control Panel but it is not listed there.

2) I have attempted to remove what was left of ZA in the Program Files .. but it refuses to allow any of those files to be deleted.

3) I emptied my temp files.

4) I tried to delete files in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs but it refuses to allow any of those files to be deleted.

5) I also attempted to remove them in my registry and it also refused to allow them to be deleted.

We have over 200 days of paid for usage on ZA. I selected Software Version 7.1 as the version that was on there, but I really have no clue since there is no ZA Control panel for me to access.

How do I get rid of the old program in order to install the new one?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:7.1
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite