Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't completely uninstall ZoneAlarm

zonealad Guest

Default Re: Can't completely uninstall ZoneAlarm

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>tptagth wrote:
    Hi,

You wrote, "Un-install your version of ZoneAlarm and if you have a valid genuine ZoneAlarm license key in good standing you will need to upgrade and download version 8.0.400.020":

- I purchased a license for ZA around 2005. Currently I have ZoneAlarm ver 6 installed. So it has a "valid genuine ZoneAlarm license key" for Version 6.
    - But, is my license key expired which would mean my ZoneAlarm license is not "in good standing"?
    - Do I have to purchase a new license and upgrade to the newest version?
    - Or, can I install the latest version of ZoneAlarm and then manually enter my existing License key from Version 6?

Thank you.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    Sorry; the Simple Answer is Your Old Version 6.x License and Software has Expired..The software will cease to function due to expired Root Certificate.. and Expired Key..Also, the Registration and License Key format was Changed with Version 7.x so Version 6.x Keys will not work with Version 7 or Ver. 8.xHere is a CheckPoint Official Link on Support for Any Version of ZoneAlarm Released Before ZA Ver. 7.0http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...mp;action=view"=====================================I would recommend that you Contact CheckPoint Customer service Free of charge using the LIVE Text Chat Mode and Ask them for a New license Key..Live text Chat mode : http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm &lt;++ Click Hereor The simplest procedure is to Update to 8.0.400.020:1.Download the Latestinstallerpreferably with IE Browserand no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right, Livewire, BitTorrent) and save it to your Hard drive.(MultiPlatform,installer will install on Both WinXP and Vista)ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZAXShttp://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.html2. Before you Uninstall your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)3. Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory4.) Now use the new ZoneAlarm Removal Tool: Click here &gt; http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exeSave to desktop, right click and "run as administrator"This tool will remove all ZoneAlarm products from your system.

Please just download and run the tool, following the instructions. (you can un-install without net connections)5.) Now Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..NOTICE:Please note that ZASS and ZAXSdo not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled). To troubleshoot ZASS/ZAXS issues removethe other Security programsand install them back once you see that ZA works as it should. For example,Norton/Symantec, McAfee,AVG, Spyspweeper, Spyware Doctor, trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotS&amp;D, PC tools Threat Fire, any otherAnti-virus, Anti-spyware, Registry Guard or locking tools, etc...
    ---------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:989101213
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6275
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ZoneAlarm ForceField 1.3.153.0
    ZoneAlarm ForceField Anti-Phishing Database 1.2.95.0
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2nd Computer WinXP SP3 32-Bit
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:989101213
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6275
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 07-20-2009 12:06 PM
    Hi I'm new here

I have Ver 7 which I've used for awhile and had no problems. So I decided to give the latest version a trial with a free download.

Now that the trial period has run out and wanted to put my old version back on.

I've uninstalled, cleaned registry and done as the quote above, but when I load my V7 it has my key code already inserted but I only have 15 days etc left to run. This seems to be still the trial from the free download.

How can I get a completly clean uninstall free of the trial run and allow me to put my key code in manually to get my full period.

Thanks
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 25th, 2010 at 03:41 AM. Reason: typo

What full period are you talking about?

If you purcahsed a version 7 product that key would be expire or almost expired.

Out last version 7 was sold until Aug 25 2008.

Version 7 is not supported in any way.

Its best to use the latest version so your fully protected (version 7 has secruity flaws) Or its time to renew your license if the old one is about to expire which it sounds like.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zonealad Guest

Thanks

I tried revo, za removal tool and cleaned the registry as suggested above and yet my key code is still installed automatically.

When even though my internet is disabled during the removal or installing, somewhere there must be a file hidden and not removed holding my code.

If I did a format of my harddrive for whatever reason "major problem or new drive fitted" and reinstalled all my data and programs. When I install ZA V7, I can install my code and everything is ok as all my other softwares.

zonealad Guest

hi

The point I am trying to make, despite doing all the suggested removals etc.

Somewhere and despite the internet being turned off, there is information being held/stored on the harddrive of the keycode, allowing it to automatically install the key code by itself, not manually inserted as it should be.

No matter which version is being installed V7, V8 and V9 all are run a folder where saved from a download, not run direct from ZoneLabs over the net.

No matter which is installed, the same key is always there.

Yes thats correct. Thats how its designed.

There is no reason at all to remove the key.

The key has the same expiration date if you were to manually input or if it was detected as yours is.

Sounds like your trying to get around the time period and thinking you can get more time without renewing?

We don't give out directions for removal of the key.

There is no reason to in your case at all.

You can send me a private message with your license and i will decrypt it here and see if its almost expired or not.

If it is almost expired or is expired you will have no other choice than buying a renewal.

We will not give out directions how to circumvent our licensing.

I will close this thread since there nothing more to talk about and await your PM.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information