Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reinstalling ZA onto a new computer

drgolf Guest

Default Reinstalling ZA onto a new computer

Recently purchasedZA Security Suite and installed it on my computer. I now have a new computer and am trying to load ZA onto this system.Can anyone help a neophyte.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

djnpt Guest

Default Re: Reinstalling ZA onto a new computer

Download or disk?
    Shouldn't matter!...just insert your license #

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>drgolf wrote:
    Recently purchasedZA Security Suite and installed it on my computer. I now have a new computer and am trying to load ZA onto this system.Can anyone help a neophyte.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>`1.) did you purchase a Sigle License or Three user License Version of ZA Security suite?It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    WinXP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.400.020
    TrueVector version:8.0.400.020
    Driver version:8.0.400.020
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:989159719
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.209.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200907.6275
    AntiSpam version:6.0.0.1429
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

&quot;Recently purchasedZA Security Suite and installed it on my computer. I now have a new computer and am trying to load ZA onto this system.Can anyone help a neophyte.&quot; <hr>It appears you have one previous pc with ZA, and now have a new 2nd pc which you are trying to install ZA. If you had previously bought a single license for the 1st pc, you will need to purchase another license key for the 2nd pc - unless you have bought a &quot;retail boxed' version(?) or if you wish &quot;you may call ZA Customer Service about upgrading your &quot;current&quot; license key to a 3pc subscription (which will usually offer better value/ than purchasing 'another single license' [ not knowing the exact details of you your situation it is hard to offer more specific 'help']<hr>Anyhow, click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    &lt; general tips and guidelines.<hr>Basic tips:1- you will need to 'properly' un-install any pre-loaded security software from your pc. If Norton or McAfee - really needed to use their Removal Tool (see above link for further info).2 - following tips from my above link #73645 - you should be able to install ZA.3 - recommended your new pc to have at least 1GB of RAM memory.<hr>Click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...d=37800#M37800
    &lt; recent personal experience.<hr>NaiveMelody NYC -7-21-09 - Hang On Sloopy - The McCoys

Charles_B Guest

Hi NaiveMelody

Vista SP1 ver 8 System Requirements :

Microsoft
    Windows Vista SP1 (Business, Home Premium** and Ultimate editions):

* 2 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit operating system
    * Minimum system RAM: 2 GB (32-bit) and 4 GB (64-bit)
    * 250MB of available hard disk space. Internet access

At this link :

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...m-products.htm

The ZoneAlarm Software System Requirements has not been updated to include the following :

* See separate system requirements for ZoneAlarm ForceField. Free ZoneAlarm Firewall is not available for Vista 64-bit

The only thing incorrect in System Requirement is for ZoneAlarm version 8.0.298.000 (Free) is Vista 64-bit compatible now.

Have a nice Day

Message Edited by Charles_B on 07-22-2009 01:55 AM

naivemelody Guest

Default Re: Installing ZA onto a new computer

The broad picture.<hr>There are new pc's called &quot;netbooks or mini-notebooks&quot; = usually with display monitors of 10&quot; inches or less running with XP OS, and will usually have 1GB+ of RAM memory.
    &quot;Microsoft
    Windows
    XP SP2, SP3, Home or Professional Edition:
    <ul>[*]1 GHz 32-bit operating system[*]Recommended system RAM: 768 MB[*]250MB of available hard disk space&quot;<hr>Nevertheless, there are several outside pc experts who will recommend pc's to have at least 1GB of memory to run modern software. This is a small hint for XP users who still have 512MB of memory; that installing/ upgrading to 1GB may improve pc performance &quot;if&quot; there are no other mitigatting issues/ problems.[/list]

[ My personal notes: my old XP had 512 MB and I had noticed in task manager - CPU/memory usage usually running well over 512. The new Vista - will usually run with just under 1GB. I do have 2GB - the minimum standard of most new Vista pc/ laptops] <hr>These new mini Netbooks seems to have established a new niche market. I see them all over town.

Message Edited by NaiveMelody on 07-21-2009 11:26 PM

Charles_B Guest

Never occur to me about netbooks or mini-notebooks running XP platform.Thanks for pointing that out.

Read suggestion from Moderator on ram for XP at this link :

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=87065

Have a nice Day

Just a Side note..My Local Supper Walmart store is still StockingNEW Windows XPHome (SP3) EMachine and HP computers with 1 GB for $350.00 to $495.00As well as Computers with 64-Bit Vista..
    GeorgeV

Charles_B Guest

Hi GeorgeV

Could you check macros on reference made last time once again on Vista.XP ok. Thanks.

BTW, I would need at least a 21 screen.Blind in one eye and can't see from the other.LOL

Have a nice Day GeorgeV

Message Edited by Charles_B on 07-22-2009 09:30 AM

The OP has not provide a reply to my first post..is the OP moving on to a New Computer or trying to keep both computers and run a Single license copy of ZoneAlarm on two Computers?
    GeorgeV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information